Rupp Monza Kart H35

markus

customer wanted one done up for his Rupp monza kart, This ones been in the waiting for awhile but now that we got a good bit of Hurricane Damages repaired (still a bit to go) I am catching up on the tecumseh rebuilds.... He sent in what he had collected which was an early 60's shroud and tank (actually was from here that to someone else, but it got flipped for more $$ to him :D) that was mated to a late 71-74 H35 and an NOS 7 hole muff. so along with doing an entire internal rebuild I sourced some earlier version parts like the early solid plate throttle control and added the Rupp style throttle cable collet, welded up and relocated tag mount hole on shroud (they used a shorter tag in the early days, large cylinder shroud, backdated the late model OEM carb, modified an oval air filter to match a GM factory promo photo of the Monza Jr. kart etc... Ran it in today, its cooling down and Will be prepping for paint, Have another customers 1968 H50 just about ready for break in/run in so Maybe I can get them both sprayed out the same day.

monza.jpg

monza7.jpg monza4.jpg monza5.jpg monza3.jpg monza2.jpg monza1.jpg monza11.jpg monza12.jpg monza8.jpg monza10.jpg monza9.jpg

Attachments

I WANT ONE!!!! Not the just the motor. I want the whole shop and the guy in it. His time would be spent much more constructively if he were working on my stuff, Don't cha know.
I’m right there with you Superflea. Every time I look at the h50 on my shelf I think how much better it’s coming recon would be if I sent it down to Florida. He’s a master.

markus

Alright ? That’s a huge understatement. Nice work again (as always) Markus !!
Thanks, seriously could have came out a little better, these side tank ones are really hard to spray though fully assembled, lot of nooks and crannies in weird spots. I only have done like three of these over the years so its hard to remember how to adjust the spray pattern/air pressure and what what angle come in at to get it all covered, Standard tanked ones are tough too but I have done enough that I know where to make adjustments to the gun etc.. to pretty consistent coverage that matches the factory paint jobs pretty good.