Rupp Roadster Project

:hack:

Here's the finished thing, still need to get a seat though. but here's where we are, hopefully getting an old motoskeeter tomorrow, for another project also.

what did you do to clean up the rusty rims.

X3???

I've heard of using a light citric acid, fine steel wool & a huge dose of elbow grease. I've never tried this though... plus I'm fairly limited in the elbow grease department.

Those are really cool looking bikes. How well does the suspension usually perform? It's too bad Rupp didn't put a bit more thought into the profile of that gas tank though. I received a pic from Brandt at Rupp parts of one that he built & tricked out. It's a real beauty. Unfortunately that was the last I heard of him. :doah:

X3???

I've heard of using a light citric acid, fine steel wool & a huge dose of elbow grease. I've never tried this though... plus I'm fairly limited in the elbow grease department.

Those are really cool looking bikes. How well does the suspension usually perform? It's too bad Rupp didn't put a bit more thought into the profile of that gas tank though. I received a pic from Brandt at Rupp parts of one that he built & tricked out. It's a real beauty. Unfortunately that was the last I heard of him. :doah:
I have a chance to buy a 1970 Rupp that's in mint condition for $225.00.
The bike might need a few decals or incidentals to bring it back up to speed.
The only thing holding me back is the thought of having to order parts from Brandt and waiting weeks to get a simply reply from him.

There was a thread on here concerning his people skills regarding returning phone calls or emails. As he seems to be the only game in town when it comes to Rupp parts, I think I'll pass on the bike.

hey guys i have a manco thunderbird project as well i installed an 10hp tescumseh motor but i need a gas tank, does anyone know where i can find one?

Torque converter is what it is called. I would watch ebay if you what an original. If your front one (driver)is missing Brandt has new 5/8 ones made to fit for 80 bucks and has the correct belt for the 1970 Rupp you have, 1971 and up use a different belt. The back clutch(driven) is easier to get parts for.