Rupp Sprint on SEF fuel and E3 plug.

old shed finds

Day off again and why not play with the Rupp again...
Today I decided to have some fun and run it on a E3 spark plug and a can of SEF that advertising that is a ethanol free fuel.... diaphragm carburetor might live now??

Installed the new plug and the can of SEF fuel I rode it throughout the yard...
Seem to run lean turned out the mixture screw and it seemed to fly throughout the yard....
So this fuel might put us into a lean condition?
Kinda a goofy experiment but thought I would share...

Attachments

pomfish

1st rule of experimentation;
Only can change one thing at a time to get verifiable data.

Had one experience with E3, put it in a perfectly running Briggs and it run good or so I thought right up till it overheated.
Probably just the wrong heat range but still never fell into the multiple wire electrode thing.
YMMV
Keith

That equates to $ 18.76 a gallon.
For the last 15 years I have used "Stabil Fuel Stabilizer" in all our our bikes and other small engines, including the gas storage cans with great results. Some of these bikes have had the same fuel in them for over 2 years and they started right up and ran with no problems whatsoever. Oh, by the way, I am in California where we have had ethanol in all of our fuel for many years....
Michael

toomanytoys

Im not sure about those e3 plugs. I’ve ran them before and never noticed a difference but maybe?

As for canned fuel I buy the premix for my weed eater since I only do about 10 minutes a week and it stopped all the problems I have had in the past with weed eater carb problems