Rupp TT500

capguncowboy

So, it's missing the clutch guard :)censored:), clutch and two speed, but the rest is all there. The tank polished up nicely.

Right now, it's in the back of my brother's truck on its way to his house, where it will sit until I pick it up this weekend. I spent about an hour on the phone with the seller having him check stuff on it in the usual spots (reweld on the frame just behind the second engine plate on the pull start side, rips in the seat, missing headlight parts, broken wiring harness, etc) but it all checked out. It even has the original tires and they're not cracked or worn. I made an offer over the phone, which was more than I wanted to do, but everything checked out and it was still a good deal. I'm not sure who it was that was trying to buy it out from under me after the seller and I agreed on the price, but someone tried really hard last night. Luckily, the seller is a man of his word and didn't go for it.

My brother went this morning and picked it up for me. It'll cost me about $50 taking him out to dinner, but it's totally worth it.

I'll get some more detailed pics this weekend, but for now, I have these. The tank looks like it cleaned up nicely and the fenders are reportedly in like condition.

capguncowboy

I thought this was interesting... I asked my brother for a few detailed pictures of the bike. First one he sent me was the one below. Serial is either 8353 or 8363... Either way, it's gotta be one of the last TT500s that rolled out of the factory that year. Engine production would have been December 18th or December 28th. The serial on the frame is 64339. Anyone have any info for where the serials stopped in 68 or at least started in 69?

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

capguncowboy

I started taking the bike apart last night to clean it up a little. The gas tank has a few spots where the chrome is just shot, but overall, it's pretty clean, both inside and out. The seat also appears to be in great shape. The vinyl is nice and soft and only has a few spots in the usual areas.

More to come as I get more done

capguncowboy

Looking great! Whats the plans, clean and polish and keep it a survivor?
I'm not restoring it. I'll clean it up and polish it, and put it up for sale eventually.

I like these Rupps, but I'm not too keen on the 68 models because of the disk brakes. I'm looking for a complete 69 model, preferrably a Roadster or Scrambler. Maybe I can find someone that wants to trade

I'm not restoring it. I'll clean it up and polish it, and put it up for sale eventually.

I like these Rupps, but I'm not too keen on the 68 models because of the disk brakes. I'm looking for a complete 69 model, preferrably a Roadster or Scrambler. Maybe I can find someone that wants to trade
Those bikes are too rich for me, but I like the 68's. The only year for the disk brakes. I'm kinda different I guess.