Rusty, Crusty Bonanza

Just got it home. Have not had time to mess with it . It does appear to be an original Hodaka bike. I stood it up on the back wheel could not see any evidence of another engine being mounted . But I did find that the exhaust was full of walnut shells:scared:. Has a couple of previous owner add on's. But it seems to be mostly there. Tires are goodyear 530x450x6 stud pattern tread. And the Clutch and throttle cables are grey, In the Hodaka world that would be 1968-1969 . Anyone need an original seat ( in almost mint condition ) :laugh: ??

Attachments

Thanks for the comments !

yes the Bonanza badge is intact
yes it's an E code
OND I will make you a deal if you like the seat :)
Eric yes there will be more pics
It will be restored, I'm down with the original look , but this needs some love

Just got it home. Have not had time to mess with it . It does appear to be an original Hodaka bike. I stood it up on the back wheel could not see any evidence of another engine being mounted . But I did find that the exhaust was full of walnut shells:scared:. Has a couple of previous owner add on's. But it seems to be mostly there. Tires are goodyear 530x450x6 stud pattern tread. And the Clutch and throttle cables are grey, In the Hodaka world that would be 1968-1969 . Anyone need an original seat ( in almost mint condition ) :laugh: ??
Funny no one noticed it's a mid peg 1300sh. Anyone ever seen one? Probably not. Nice find.

Funny no one noticed it's a mid peg 1300sh. Anyone ever seen one? Probably not. Nice find.
Thanks ! I got the engine out and it looks like a factory built bike. ( See pictures )

It is coming apart way easier than I was expecting. The helper springs were there because the original one's were broken. But thankfully they were not stuck.

I will rebuild the lower end of the engine, top end is in amazing shape. I am looking for a set of Good Year 530x 450 x 6 stud pattern tires ( I will post in the wanted Section ) And a round tank, the one on it was full of holes. One of the worst I have ever seen.

Attachments

CarPlayLB

Wow, after looking at he motor plate, you can certainly tell what side was in the weather!

Keep the pics coming! I know this will be awesome when done!

Kc57. I'm not sure if you know this but this bike you found is super rare. In 1969 when bonanza switched to the mid peg model frame they also switched their hodaka modal bonanza from a bc1300sh to a bc1500sh with movable handlebars a slightly different rake and a top mounted fiberglass tank. There really is no advertisements or any known mid peg bc1300sh bike except for some rare photographs at the bonanza factory that showed a row of mid peg bc1300sh models with rare Goodyear tires. I'm not sure if bonanza made a handful of these before they switched or what the story actually is but I would like to find out. A friend of mine who is a big bonanza collector showed me the photos last year. Congratulations on your find and I would carefully document everything on the bike and take lots of photos and if you restore it please take your time and do it right.

Last edited: