RustyRedneck's - Fox Sprite - (Vintage Open)

20170102_104941[1].jpg

Hey fellas. Here's my entry into the 2017 OldMiniBikes Build Off. It's my '60 or '70s Fox Sprite. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for engine but It definitely will not be factory to the bike so I'm entering the Vintage Open class. Here's he kicker for me. I'm going to try to get it done by working on it only on break at work. So if my calculations are correct that give me 54 hours starting today. We'll see what happens. I've never done this before so it definitely will be interesting.

Got it torn most of the way down this afternoon. Bell rang and I had to get back on my machine before I got it completely stripped. Still a newb.
20170102_154756[1].jpg
Gotta figure out which engine to pull off the shelf for it and see if it'll fit next.
Noticed the handle bars are slightly bent but that shouldn't be too tough to fix.
(Famous last words)

View attachment 92509
I have this sprite fork neck decal if you need it, I got rid of my sprite before I could use it. Pm me your address and I'll send it to you. I hope this isn't considered cheating if I offer this decal to help the build??
Thanks James! I was wondering what I was going to do because I'm going to sandblast and paint the frame and my sticker was already kinda messed up. Figured I'd just have to go without and hope people believed me it was a Fox Sprite. Thanks!

After sourcing a $20 engine last night and a 0.75 cent header pipe this morning, I think I've got all the big parts I need.
20170104_153232[1].jpg
Now for the little devils.

20170104_152726[1].jpg
Doesn't look too bad. Won't even have to drill any extra holes to mount it. Who'd a thunk Tecumseh would've kept the same bolt pattern for all those years, even with a different size engine!