RustyRedneck's - Fox Sprite - (Vintage Open)

Gas tank situation could be a little iffy. The tank that came with the bike won't fit where it was mounted with the engine mounted, and it won't fit anywhere else and look good. Hmmmm.

Ok. I cheated a little bit. I took the engine home this weekend and built a different intake manifold and header pipe. The old one's would've had the carb in the rear tire and the exhaust would've been pointed right at the seat.
Before:
20170105_152354[1].jpg

buckeye

1970 something.
No markings or frame stamps.
They had a decal with model number and Fox Corporation info.

You going to brace that header?

1970 something.
No markings or frame stamps.
They had a decal with model number and Fox Corporation info.

You going to brace that header?
Probably not. It's very light (made out of an old piece of conduit). I suppose eventually it'll rattle itself loose and I'll have to put some heli-coil in the head but I'll worry about that later. The sticker that is currently on the bike is pretty messed up. I think it used to say something under the Sprite logo but I can't read it now.

I've been welding up the frame lately. Adding and subtracting braces and tank mounts. I think I'm done welding on it. Got the handle bars and front forks pretty well straightened out. Moved the fender bracket and spread the forks so the wheel could slip in easily. Had to pry them apart 1/2 and inch previously. Should be starting on the intake before the carb today. Pictures to follow later.