ruttman long frame spyder

yea im just trying to get an idea ...i like paint and i no it last cause the paint on the frame is still on ther lol but everone keeps telling me powdercoat is stronger and will last longer ...and im not to shure on how to post pics yet

yea im just trying to get an idea ...i like paint and i no it last cause the paint on the frame is still on ther lol but everone keeps telling me powdercoat is stronger and will last longer ...and im not to shure on how to post pics yet
Powder coat chips, rattle can scratches, and can be fixed easaly

buckeye

Take it to automotive paint shop. Harder than you would expect, if done right.
PC is hard but, as 5 horse mentioned, may be tough to fix. I have read it can be done though. Again, personal choice.
There are tons of discussions on here on the pros and cons.
Sounds like a cool bike no matter how you cover it.:thumbsup:

yea thats wat i was going todo i just needed another opinion on the powder coat because i havent seen to much powder coating on or off a mini bike

Some wise sage (I can't remember who) said here that if you want to do a faithful restoration, then use paint. If you're going to use it hard, powder coat. Personally I think whoever said it is right. That's how I am deciding how I do mine since I am not sure there is truly a correct answer one way or another.

Doc

see thats were im stuck im restoring it but it will be ridden hard wat els is it for lol i no some ppl will be like why spend the money if its just gonna get ruined ...to me why ride a piece of crap everything on it is origenal i just need fenders and a new paint job and thats were im stuck cause it will be road about everyday and powdercoat might stand up better to the wear

Motown, It's not worth agonizing over. Just go ahead and powder coat it and be done with it. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a "show bike" anyway; so you may as well go for durability over historical accuracy. Ogy

im kinda leaning towards a nice paint job over the pc
Motown, we've had the Paint vs Powdercoat discussion/argument/pissing contest several times here. :laugh:

Several here have posted photos of their powder coated machines, and as a die-hard painter, and resident asshole, I can say PC is definitely something you should consider.

Ogy said it right. If you aren't restoring it to perfection, original, go for the durability of PC.

I ride my painted bikes often and regular use is no problem with paint. (Automotive grade paint) It's the crashes, mishaps, and throwing on all the parts after paint that gouges the paint. Not daily riding.

TXpowdercoater here has some samples of some custom/show powder coating jobs he's done. Pretty good stuff.

thanks for the input i probley will get it pc because i no im always workin and smackin the fram with a wrench lol but like i said everything is og on it i do want og fenders if i can find them and im on the look for a decent priced chromer if any one knows anyone