ruttman needs help

chadillac

well I have a new frame, but want the shocks to work at the front end once again. they seem to be stuck I want to remove them and try to clean them up. Has any one had the problem and how did they fix it. I just don t want to do this and ruin them cause that would suck even more..:hammer:

well I have a new frame, but want the shocks to work at the front end once again. they seem to be stuck I want to remove them and try to clean them up. Has any one had the problem and how did they fix it. I just don t want to do this and ruin them cause that would suck even more..:hammer:
WD40 and time! I sprayed the forks on a couple of Arcos I had that were nearly stuck, I sprayed them daily for a week then took them off and put them in a vice with padding so as not to scrape the forks. I used a propane torch and carefully heated the tubes not the springs and with a crecent wrench carefully turned the lowers a little at a time and they slowly came free. I twisted them and guided the springs out of the pockets then cleaned the fork tubes with a wire brush, and the inside of the lowers with a plumbers brush and more wd40. When all was clean and rinsed I painted everything and just put some axle grease on the tubes and inside the lowers, they work great now! Good luck!

chadillac

WD40 and time! I sprayed the forks on a couple of Arcos I had that were nearly stuck, I sprayed them daily for a week then took them off and put them in a vice with padding so as not to scrape the forks. I used a propane torch and carefully heated the tubes not the springs and with a crecent wrench carefully turned the lowers a little at a time and they slowly came free. I twisted them and guided the springs out of the pockets then cleaned the fork tubes with a wire brush, and the inside of the lowers with a plumbers brush and more wd40. When all was clean and rinsed I painted everything and just put some axle grease on the tubes and inside the lowers, they work great now! Good luck!

How did you avoid the springs. If I understand you correctly you mean the tubes behind the springs. enless you mean the bottom part of the fork tubes. Im finding trouble on figuring out how the compess seeing how they dont. I just think they would make a big difference to the ride if they worked.:shrug:

I think the red one in your pics with the yellow clone is also a Powerdyne. They look a lot like Lil Indians with Manco wheels.