San Jose grasshopper minibike

Cleaning out my father in laws house and came across a San Jose grasshopper minibike in the suitcase. I'm really looking for info as I can't find anything. How many were made? How many left etc. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

markus

Guessing you mean one of these :shrug:

They were actually called a micro bike made by Micro power products. The Grasshopper on the lower right of the suitcase was the name for the suitcase line itself that they converted to fit the bike (suitcases were made by Atlantic).

I sold the one pictured above a few years back but I have some decent repopped tank decals left for one of those still in the file cabinet if you are going to redo it and need some.

Very sorry this has taken so long. Had some health stuff going on. Here are the pictures of the micro bike. Original suitcase tho not in great shape. Zipper still works tho! I do not know if the bike will run. I'm not trying.

markus

Very nice! with that instruction tag still on the plug it probably has no time on it. I can tell you the recoils on those are very delicate and its very important to follow the starting directions if you attempt to run it. I am accustomed to setting some engines up with no compression releases so I tend to really yank hard on recoils, I blew mine on my micro bike apart a few times, it does not take too much to start them if they are in running condition.

I think yours is a little later than mine was I dont think they made too many and not for very long but they changed little things as they built. here's an article that featured it among a few other fodig type bikes, its from a 1971 magazine.

Thank you for the info. I've had some interest in people buying it but I have no idea how to price it. I know they had 2 models. One with one headlight and one with two. Mine has one. I wish I had the date on it. And honestly I'm too scared to start it or even try haha.

markus

They were pulling 1-2k condition a few years ago in pretty good shape, haven't seen any sell in the last couple of years.

Guessing you mean one of these :shrug:

They were actually called a micro bike made by Micro power products. The Grasshopper on the lower right of the suitcase was the name for the suitcase line itself that they converted to fit the bike (suitcases were made by Atlantic).

I sold the one pictured above a few years back but I have some decent repopped tank decals left for one of those still in the file cabinet if you are going to redo it and need some.
Hi Marcus, I would be interested in the decal if you still have some. My email is: kubiez@hotmail.com