sandblast-paintbooth

After cleaning out the clutter from my sandblast-paintbooth i thought i'd show some pictures of it.It's only 6x12 because a tree blocked me from making it 12x12,but it gets the job done.I use a cheap exhaust fan in a couple of recycled windows for both sandblasting and painting.A recycled bath tub in the end holds my sand.I hung a piece of conduit across the ceiling 2x4's for hanging parts.It has a couple cheap flourescent lights for light.I've used it for over 6years and it's a necissity for me.I use a respirator for painting and a hood also for sandblasting.

paint

i had my garage set up for painting fumes i had a old fan motor out of a furnace that sucked the paint fumes out of the back out of my garage and 4 box fans in the front made it like a cross draft paint booth in my garage and i had some killer paint jobs come out of there....
Nothing there apears to be class 1 div 1.

Paint fumes go KA-BOOM

The insurance compnay will go crazy if they find out there is paintin gbeing done in a building without the proper explosion proof vent systems and electrical connections...

Its a risk I would not take lightly....

It's actuarilly safe according to my nonexistant insurance company!If i was that worried about stuff i couldn't feel safe riding my minibike without a helmet.:doah:

very cool, i like the sandblasting area, i might need to convert my old shed into this. my only concern is the paint fumes and electricity - we had a bad experience painting a car years ago in a storage booth - surprised we didn't blow up the whole building.:shrug:

Any type of fan that does not have the motor exposed in the air stream. Single sided squirrel cage blowers work. old a/c units,Jenn air down draft cooking ranges work too.