Sandblasting better choice??

How much improvement over a syphon feed blaster is the pressure pot system. I have a syphon system similiar to the 1st picture and hate it. I am thinking about the pressure system HF has on sale. Is it a lot better/faster than the slow going syphon one????? experienced opinion???
ps: I have a 100 gallon air tank to blast. before I take it in to someone I thought I'd ask:confused:

I have a pressurized blaster and it works great as long as you have a decent air supply.the only issue i have had with it is the shut off system on it.wears out quickly,but i just put a ball valve inline for a shut off and it works alot better than the one that just goes in front of the tip.

Hey Walt I have used one like the red one and there is no comparison to the other the only limiting factor is the air supply I had it hooked up to my shop compressor at work BIG 600 volt 3phase unit with a huge tank.
It uses up blast medium at a goodly rate as well lol.
Rob.

I have a pressurized blaster and it works great as long as you have a decent air supply.the only issue i have had with it is the shut off system on it.wears out quickly,but i just put a ball valve inline for a shut off and it works alot better than the one that just goes in front of the tip.
Hey Walt I have used one like the red one and there is no comparison to the other the only limiting factor is the air supply I had it hooked up to my shop compressor at work BIG 600 volt 3phase unit with a huge tank.
It uses up blast medium at a goodly rate as well lol.
Rob.
I just looked at my compressor spec's and it delivers 16.9 SCFM @100psi,
its a 2 stage 175psi max 80gal tank with a 6.5hp motor on it. It should handle this ok..Thanks for the help and suggestions

Walt i have one and it works great. I power it with a 5.5 honda powered Igersoll rand 8 gal twin tank compressor 11.8 at 90 works good . One thing though if you open the sand valve all the way its too much . I set the pot up on the table that my work is on and blast with one hand and work the sand valve with the other . That way you can use just enough sand to strip the surface . And also i use blast glass from northern works great doesn't hurt metal at all . You can buy sand much cheaper but it is never dry enough . And you don't wnt to do this inside .