Saved one from the smelter

JustEnough

I am dropping off antifreeze at my city's Special Waste Collection Center and I decide to look in the scrap metal bin, as I leave. I see the front end of what looks like a minibike under the typical scrap metal and then see that it is the whole frame with a beat up seat that looks original. I looked further for other related parts, but found none. Too bad the wheels and chain guard are missing, and the rust is pretty deep for what we see in California, but for my favorite price I will take it. I noticed later that it stated NO SCAVENGING on the sign, but since it did not state "no rescuing before being melted down for chinese gun barrels", I decided to proceed.

From other pictures that I have found, it looks like the original seat was white.
View attachment 247269 View attachment 247270 View attachment 247269 View attachment 247270

kayde

Awesome find!

Some may call you a trash digger, but that is more like a easy treasure hunt.

I have pulled a rockford chibi and a broncco out of scrap metal piles but neither was as nice as your find.

Being that nice I suspect the motor was pulled and sold off, and the wheels probably thrown in the trash cause of the rubber not being allowed in the recycling.

Both the bikes i pulled didnt have wheels/tires either.

So whats your plan with it?

PatrickCraik

Man,Great find! Wish I could find stuff like this more often. I found a Judge or Wildcat roller in a neighbors trash several years ago.He was actually walking it out when I drove by. I ended up with a decent B&S 5 HP with it. Like most of my stuff back then, its long gone with my 1st marriage. Ok with me lol;)

JustEnough

I did not expect to see any thing in that scrap metal bin, but a broken lawnmower so it was quite a pleasant surprise.

I hope to find proper wheels for it and will likely have to make a reproduction of the chain guard and seat, but I am pleased with what was still there.