SBH-9993 H50

mustangfrank

The 9994 engine has standard production valves. The 9993 has the small stem stainless swirl polished ones...
you eyeballing that listing on ebay? LOL
THANK YOU! I read a long post on here a couple months ago from a member that was running one and thought someone else listed out the differences but can't find it again.

Yeah, I think I'm hoping somebody else pulls the trigger on that listing so I can forget about it, I really only want the con rod and coil. Price is fair but the shipping pushes it into the WTF do I really need it for category.

THANK YOU! I read a long post on here a couple months ago from a member that was running one and thought someone else listed out the differences but can't find it again.

Yeah, I think I'm hoping somebody else pulls the trigger on that listing so I can forget about it, I really only want the con rod and coil. Price is fair but the shipping pushes it into the WTF do I really need it for category.
Yep, what I was thinking too.
I have a 9994 that I installed the smaller stem valves in..

Yep, what I was thinking too.
I have a 9994 that I installed the smaller stem valves in..
Hit the Button and got one of those 9993 Engines in Yesterday. Complete but no valves. Anybody know the part#'s for the valves?
Gonna pull an old, (yes there is someone older than me), Kart engine builder out of retirement and see if he puts this together for me.

Hit the Button and got one of those 9993 Engines in Yesterday. Complete but no valves. Anybody know the part#'s for the valves?
Gonna pull an old, (yes there is someone older than me), Kart engine builder out of retirement and see if he puts this together for me.
I’ll do some digging and see if I have the part numbers still for ya. Does it have the brass guides installed?

I’ll do some digging and see if I have the part numbers still for ya. Does it have the brass guides installed?
Popped open the hood and yes, there they be. Hope its not gonna be to hard to get those valves.
Is all that cracked flashing in the runners common? Looks like some cleaning up may need to be addressed?
DSCN7949[1].JPG

Also, did you get the valve springs and retainers with it?
Mine arrived with a box that contained all the extra goodies like rod, bearings, valves, coil, fuel pump, etc.. I bought mine from the Ugly Chicken...

I got one also. no valves, no retainers, The seller did offer a refund, but we made a deal. I think its set up for standard valves. I was wondering if I can use standard valves, the yellow springs and find heavy duty keepers/retainers.

Attachments

I got one also. no valves, no retainers, The seller did offer a refund, but we made a deal. I think its set up for standard valves. I was wondering if I can use standard valves, the yellow springs and find heavy duty keepers/retainers.
Yes, they look set up for standard valves. those will be easy to find. If you dig around on the web you'll find the yellow springs and retainers..
I was gonna pop on one of the OHV engines, but now I think I'll rethink that. Maybe I'll have him double check what's included..

I’m not seeing the brass guides I there, just just the standard steel is what I see.. if it had the brass guides those would be about 1/4” guides.
Yep steel guides. Springs were there but no valves/retainers. Glad to hear standard valves could be used. That cracked flashing in the intake/exhaust ports is that normal? I know someone that ordered two of the 9997 Meth OHV engines, and will get with them 2morrow to see if they got them in, If so will get the hoe down on the transaction.

Yep steel guides. Springs were there but no valves/retainers. Glad to hear standard valves could be used. That cracked flashing in the intake/exhaust ports is that normal? I know someone that ordered two of the 9997 Meth OHV engines, and will get with them 2morrow to see if they got them in, If so will get the hoe down on the transaction.
Yeah I had to clean out my ports some, no biggie.
That engine should have came with the valves from looking at the listing..

mustangfrank

I tossed them an email on the missing valves. Came with 3 sets of tappets/lifters. 2 sets in a package and 1 set installed.
Thank you for following up with the unboxing, you confirmed my missing parts concern I had on the last batch he listed before these. The con rod bearings weren't pictured last time and the only reply I got was "comes as pictured", although someone that bought one reported everything was there.

Sorry you're having to track down parts for it but the valves are readily available. Heard they run strong so I think it's worth the hassle.

Buddy got both his 9997 engines in, all parts complete. Gonna talk to the old Kart guy about building the H50 2morrow. Hope its for a couple of beers, (ha, that will be the day).

Buddy got both his 9997 engines in, all parts complete. Gonna talk to the old Kart guy about building the H50 2morrow. Hope its for a couple of beers, (ha, that will be the day).
Also, the rod bearing that came with mine physically fit the rod, but clamped the crank tight. It had a weird black substance on it. If you run into the same issue, I have an ARC part number for a correct bearing...

mustangfrank

Also, the rod bearing that came with mine physically fit the rod, but clamped the crank tight. It had a weird black substance on it. If you run into the same issue, I have an ARC part number for a correct bearing...
Yes please...last time I looked I think they used to make the rod itself or the measurements seemed right but were out of stock.