Scat Tracker

A guy I was talking to at an automotive swap meet told me about this trike he had behind the garage ,he told me to take a look at it and if I liked it to get it. the heck out of there . So I did what any of you would have done. I brought it home and took a few pictures to share with OldMiniBikes. scattracker1.jpg scattracker2.jpg scattracker4.jpg scattracker6.jpg

I like yours better , that is a nice looking trike. What size engine do you have on it ?
My Scat Tracker has a more modern OH 6 HP Tecumseh Powersport engine that someone put it. Goes pretty good and will wheelie over backwards if you're not careful.

I also have a Muskin Tri-Cat...same color with the stock Briggs 5hp

Both trikes were made by the CAT Muskin corp...they used a slightly different body style on the Scat Trackers they sold through JC Penny but it is essentially the same machine. I think the Scat Trackers also came with 5 HP Briggs ..looks like yours has an older big block Tecumseh flathead in it. Notice how your fender has a crack in the exact same spot as mine...very common.

Last edited:

Cuda54

The reason it rides rough is it has the wrong rear tires. You could get rid of the pillow if you put on the right tires like the one on the ones above. The tires you have on yours are for a lawn mower and have no give to them.