SCORE!!!! $75 Swap meet Jewel!!

What a Great Day! Yes you can still find good deals at swap meets!

There was a huge swap meet today here in St Louis, Im Talking HUGE. I went mainly looking for Parts for my Gremlin but after having no luck I decided to start looking for mini's. There was a ton of them. Rolling frames of all sorts for CHEAP!!!!

I saw a Perfect Herald trail Bronc for $1500 which I thought was a little high but it was perfect. I also saw a Bird All Chromer mini for $225 and I tried to talk him down to $175 Which is all I had on me and he wouldnt do it. It Did not run anyway. I was just getting ready to leave and then I saw this other Bird brand??? Mini Below.
It had a $125 price on it. I looked it over for a while and decided that I didnt need another. I assumed the engine was shot but $125 for a Vintage frame is a pretty good deal.

As I was Walking away the guy says...."Hey Just make me a offer....Im not firm on the price". I told him I might be back later to look at it..

LOL!!! I got about 10 feet away Turned around Smiled and said $50......He said he couldnt go that low... I held up $75 and he said "take it away" :rockon: :scooter: :scooter:

I asked him if the engine turned over or had fire...he says "Fire.....Hell the dang thing runs pretty darn good" I got to the end of the swap meet and rode the dang thing 1/4 mile to my car! LOL! It isnt reall quick out of the hole but it moves out ok and has a decent top end maybe 25-30 mph?

So heres my Score!!!!! $75 for a Running riding Vintage mini.. Other than the wrong seat I think its great looking , Im pretty sure is a Bird Eng of some sort. The frame and bars are perfect, No rot or otherwise. Its looks just as good in the picture. I'd post More pics but the site will only let me post one for some reason??

Last edited:
I went to the Riverport Swap meet here in St louis.

Its Huge. Tons of Mini's and Tons of Engines.

It Could be a Lark Bird or a Duck Model. The Guy I got it from said it had a differant seat with a steel plate under it with spring shocks at one time.
They used the same frame for both I think. I'll put shocks and a differant seat on it. Im fat And I love my back......... :)

Last edited: