Scored a Grizzly trail scooter today

Hey guys,

I had a friend at work told me of a mini bike with "Grizzly" on it that he spotted at an antique/refurbished furniture store.

I couldn't resist and had to go check it out.

I'm glad i did, the owner told me this mini wasn't in his line of business and he just wanted to move it out. Said a hundreds bucks will take it! :thumbsup:

It has a cool embossed B&S 6HP engine, date coded for Jan of 1966.

Also, it has a two speed jackshaft with shifter.

It's missing the original seat. It came with two OLD Lycett seats in poor condition that really don't fit the scoot. Front tire is shot and the front right foot peg is missing..

Overall, it seems to be in good condition. A couple hours of maintenence and a few parts and it should be running.

Here are a few shots.....

Bob

Those are junk!!send it to me and i will scrape it for you.I also heard they are radioactive.

No really,Thats cool as heck.Great score!!

That has to be the best act of thievery I've seen on here. I'm gonna start calling you "kitty soft paws".

Cheers
Mike
Hmmm, I kinda like "Kitty soft paws!":laugh:

Tim, best I can figure, YES, this was built here in Denver.

I believe the company was Timbercycle of Denver.

So far, I've dug up VERY little information on this company or scooter.

I don't know if the engine date code (1966) accuratly dates the bike or not. :confused:

Here are a few more shots, see where someone had the idea to drill the top plate on the fork to hold spare master links for the drivetrain. The rear tire looks good, an odd size Goodyear Xtra Grip 5.70/5.00-8

Bob

I like it :thumbsup:..try posting pics to the usscootermuseum. There's a ton of cool stuff on there. I posted pics of a Sportsman trail scooter and within a month the original builder contacted me wiith all the history!

Hey guys, it's been awhile! Got the Grizzly running after all these years and it's a blast.

The strung spring Lycett seats on this scoot were toasted. The seat frames were broken, covering long gone.

I ran into brand new knockoff replacements on eBay, bolted right on to the original mounts.

I used the old seat to frame springs as the new ones were too tall and stiff.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=351218908016

011.JPG

009.JPG

012.JPG

014.JPG

048.JPG