Scratch Building

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Seeing all these sweet Trikes and Quads make my heart flutter..

I'll build just about anything but, often limited to money and cost of parts, etc..

I Want or wish to have;

Fiberglass Chopgun and set up to spray, as well gelcoat.
I would do my own molds and Glass bodies.

Would like a larger standing drill press.

Would like a cut off saw or band saw.

Would like a tubing notcher.

Would like a good, small tubing bender up to 1-1/4"

also a 20 - 30 ton standing press.

Can ya help me out Santa
?
P.s. A bigger heated shop would be nice too, lol

Professional Spray Painting I already do.

Just got a welder of my own.

I have my torches.

I have a small drill press.

I have the hand an bench grinders,and other assorted tools.

I'd love to build Mini bikes, Trikes and Quads to be sold

If YOU could, What would you like to do?

Last edited:
Hey bikebudy that's quite a list but I know the feeling. Sounds like you already have a fab background/skills and I might like to recommend searching some of OldMiniBikes member TanksAreUs's threads on this forum. He also has built his own tube notcher and bender. He does an amazing job building his own tools since he has limited access in S. Africa. :thumbsup:

Hey bikebudy that's quite a list but I know the feeling. Sounds like you already have a fab background/skills and I might like to recommend searching some of OldMiniBikes member TanksAreUs's threads on this forum. He also has built his own tube notcher and bender. He does an amazing job building his own tools since he has limited access in S. Africa. :thumbsup:
That guy firemarshal does a pretty good job of fabrication and design too! :thumbsup:

Hey bike buddy, I do ALL of that with a Makita angle grinder. LOL!

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
Makita ! Some guys have the big bucks :laugh:

Ya, if I don't have it and I can make it, I fab it up...

I have made many pullers and tools, just for a job, when needed.

I just may end up making a 20-30 ton press myself, as well as a
notcher and tubing bender.

Now that I have a welder, I don't need to farm out as much stuff.

Last time I got about 2min of welding done, it cost me 25.00 ! !
like holy crap !

The only way I'll have enough room for all the tools and gear I want is if I move the family out the house and into the shop. Will have at least 3 times the room. :laugh::laugh: but its Christmas so don't think I can:shrug: yet:wink:

The satisfaction of building from scratch is the best , even better if you do it with your own tooling
Here are a few of my tools and mods
http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ro.../20131221_172029_zps56da1223.jpg.html?filters[user]=67241422&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ro.../20131221_172004_zpsa444461a.jpg.html?filters[user]=67241422&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=2

http://s294.photobucket.com/user/ro.../20131221_172121_zpsd9d271b8.jpg.html?filters[user]=67241422&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

The bender is made from bits and pieces from princess auto
The sand blast cab is scrap plywood lined with heavy rubber
The compressor is a used unit , was a 5hp 27 gallon that was rated at 4.6 cfm at 90 psi , not enough for my needs so a trip to PA and and a second 5hp comp head from the surplus section and it provides all the air I need lol
Rob, I can't get them to load on photobucket.

hell if it were cheaper to go out and buy something we wouldnt be wasting our time building stuff from scratch :laugh: I would like an easy way to mass produce parts. anything from frames to stamped parts like cat wheel stars fenders and chain guards. that would sure make life easy. so yeah a cnc machine for christmas would be fine :thumbsup: