Anything Goes! Scratch built Harrison

After I put the rear wheel together, I noticed how close the sprocket was to the tire. I looked at my original Harrison and realized that there were spacers between the sprocket and rim. I made a few spacers and put that back together. I also made the rear wheel spacers for the axle.

Since I'm putting a nice sized engine on it, I added the 2 pieces of stiffener angle under the engine plate to keep the frame from flexing.
20190226_200916.jpg 20190226_204306.jpg

cfh

The angle iron plate idea was actually harrison's. They did that on their top end models. It stiffens the frame. If you're running a 10hp Tecumseh you must have them. The length of the angle iron is 6". And Pat has it positioned correctly.

After I put the rear wheel together, I noticed how close the sprocket was to the tire. I looked at my original Harrison and realized that there were spacers between the sprocket and rim. I made a few spacers and put that back together. I also made the rear wheel spacers for the axle.

Since I'm putting a nice sized engine on it, I added the 2 pieces of stiffener angle under the engine plate to keep the frame from flexing.
View attachment 240955 View attachment 240956
Great idea. Nice work all the way. Mark

I started on the seat last night. The hardest part of this seat so far was getting my lazy butt to drive to the "Foam Factory". The place isn't open on weekends and closes at 5 during the week.

Measured, cut, sanded, drilled holes and installed the t nuts in the plywood. More to come... 20190306_191615.jpg

I got all the foam cut and shaped. I used some 3m spray adhesive to hold the layers together. 20190309_105123.jpg 20190309_110615.jpg
Next I measured and cut the parts for the seat cover.
20190309_121052.jpg
The final part today was sewing the center stripe in between the left and right halves of the top. I used a French stitch because it looks way cool.
20190309_162821.jpg

More to come.... Just takes me forever with this sewing stuff. I wish I had the mad skills of @manchester1