Screaming Eagle minibikes 2019/20

Getting very close. We have about 20 bikes now complete. Only a few that are not finished (a few kids did drop out of the program). I am proud to say that many of the kids had family support during this build. I tell all of them at the beginning that a parent or mentor is encouraged to do this with them. Many of the parents will also help out with other kids that are struggling too.
. IMG_0495.JPG IMG_0499.JPG IMG_0505.JPG

joshua. c.

nice work , I noticed allot of customization this year, all different wheel sizes and several went with bigger engines and at least one has front suspension.
on a different topic I have a suggestion for future builds, try making folding foot pegs. if you hit something with a rigid one its going to bend or brake and sometimes on a sharp corner a rigid one will dig into the dirt. a folding foot peg solves these issues and the design is fairly simple.

nice work , I noticed allot of customization this year, all different wheel sizes and several went with bigger engines and at least one has front suspension.
on a different topic I have a suggestion for future builds, try making folding foot pegs. if you hit something with a rigid one its going to bend or brake and sometimes on a sharp corner a rigid one will dig into the dirt. a folding foot peg solves these issues and the design is fairly simple.
The bike with front suspension was built by one of the Dads, that file was built fron stainless steel. It is very nice. There are a few bikes with folding foot pegs, many used railroad spikes as pegs. Most were too long and do snag on the ground (because they did not listen to me!). I heard that one of the kids sold his bike for $450 a few days ago. It was decent, but had a lot of booger looking welds on it.

Last edited: