Sears Drover

Well shoot, looks like that chain guard is on that bike. My drover has the flat style like in the second pic I posted. I'm not the expert. Maybe the earlier one's had that style? I noticed the steel gas tank compared to the plastic gas tank.

markus

1968-1969 were the Drover decaled bikes that used that guard. The ones with a squared topped kick up seat were the earlier, with the standard look kick up were later. Those bikes were the smaller 7/8" tubing frames. when they went to the Sears exclusively sold 1" tubing and different chain guards I believe that they dropped the Drover name all together.....at least in any literature that has ever shown up.

I have the 4 page bike instructions and parts list as well as the 12 page engine parts list and manual with a date of 1968 for the Drover available if you need them, they are scanned from OG manuals on heavy grade paper. The ones on ebay for sale currently are copies of my copies and double the price :p

Well shoot, looks like that chain guard is on that bike. My drover has the flat style like in the second pic I posted. I'm not the expert. Maybe the earlier one's had that style? I noticed the steel gas tank compared to the plastic gas tank.
Mine has the steel gas tank also.
1968-1969 were the Drover decaled bikes that used that guard. The ones with a squared topped kick up seat were the earlier, with the standard look kick up were later. Those bikes were the smaller 7/8" tubing frames. when they went to the Sears exclusively sold 1" tubing and different chain guards I believe that they dropped the Drover name all together.....at least in any literature that has ever shown up.

I have the 4 page bike instructions and parts list as well as the 12 page engine parts list and manual with a date of 1968 for the Drover available if you need them, they are scanned from OG manuals on heavy grade paper. The ones on ebay for sale currently are copies of my copies and double the price :p

Thanks Markus, mine ha

Thank you Markus. Looks like I already bought the double priced one lol. Would this seat make mine a earlier one Screenshot_20181130-145152_Photos.jpg

Just started to rebuild one of these bike and hopefully you can send me manuals and stuff to see how to put it together? Contact: 6513562730 or schroederkarsen.us@gmail.com