sears mini bike wheel troubles

red baron

Hi guys, I just picked up an old sears mini bike that from what I can tell is the same as a Bird Wren. I bought some 4"wheels and the rear hub is way too wide which is throwing off my alignment. I found pictures online of this bike and the sprocket hugs the tire. With this set-up the sprocket stands way off from the tire. I can't seem to find anything but the same rear hub that I have. Is there a narrow hub available somewhere or do I need to come up with something different? I saw someone using a Azusa wheelset with a drum sprocket but I want to use steel wheels if I can. Also what size motor is this bike supposed to have? Thank you in advance.

red baron

Thank you for replying, I always appreciate the help. I cut and relocated the flange my self. I've switched hobbies a few times and the toughest thing is learning what's available to you. I guess the hubs aren't one of those things.

Posting these pics for the Baron. He needs some help with this scrub brake ....anybody got some good pics of a working brake set up ?

Unknown wheels ? :shrug: I'm thinking maybe kart wheels ?!?!

Last edited: