Sears mini bike

Hello all. I'm new to all this with the mini bikes. Me and my dad back in the day tried to put one together. Now that I'm all grown up I want to start on a project bike with my 4 kids. I have three many bikes this one is one of the better ones with the wheels already on it. I don't know much about the bike or where to get the parts from. I was wondering if anyone could help me. The most I could find out is that it is a Sears bike from looking at the logo on the front of it. It's extremely hard and difficult to find out what parts exactly fit on it to make it work. I was told that the bike would be worth a lot of money if I was to restore it fully to its original condition. I may be interested in doing such but in the meantime I just wanted to throw a motor on it and a chain clutch Etc. Can anyone help me out.
The other two bikes that I have are a toyoco and a cat mininbike. I can post pictures of them also.

Attachments

You Have a Sears Roper , nice but not special , get an engine , clutch , chain and throttle assembly and Ride , OldMiniBikes has the parts !!

The red one in background is my Green one I just finished MTD Western Flyer SS300 , This is my Roper I built last year , and I forgot to mention to get a brake set up too , lol
Welcome to the fun !!

I'm having a hard time trying to upload pics on here. That green bike looks awesome bro...i wish I had the know how to get mines to look like yours. I'm glad you told me it was a MTD..someone told me it was a Cat. Lol

No I didn't buy them..My dad gave me the old frames. A person that saw them told me what it was. But I'm glad I'm on here to find out more about them. Thanks

No I didn't buy them..My dad gave me the old frames. A person that saw them told me what it was. But I'm glad I'm on here to find out more about them. Thanks
They are actually nice bikes and one of the most comfortable I have ever ridden (FYI: I'm a big boy at 6'1"/280lbs.). My son has restored 2 of them. (We still have one of them). Both of our bikes had the 2-speed jackshaft, which I would recommend that you upgrade to, as it also included a band brake that will actually STOP the bike. Then use your foot-operated scrub brake only as your back-up (emergency) brake in case you break or derail a chain. Make sure and do a search on the "Project Logs" topic section and enter "Sears Roper Restoration" as your search words. There have been some very good build/restoration threads where you can learn alot from others. My son Jeff did one years ago- his forum name is The Ruppster86. Here is his build thread: https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/projects-and-rides/50129-sears-roper-project.html

Last edited: