Sears Puddle Jumper

I was supposed to have this done in time to ride at Windber, didn't happen. Just finished reshaping the header pipe from OND and remounting the chain guard from Chipper. Re-worked the forks slightly, thanks j-dogg and H.P! I still need to cut the brake & throttle cables, paint the pipe and some quick touch up and it's ready to ride!

Attachments

Thanks guys! I have used the GS engines before and they run great and have good torque with a header and an open air filter. I wish I could find the fenders for this one..anyone willing to part with them?

markus

Looks really cool, wheels look really nice like that!

I wonder if the late model Thunderbird fenders might adapt? They have the sort of same style to them.

Oh yea, I am not real sure these bikes were ever actually called "puddle jumper" I swear some hillbilly just got on the internet one day and said "check out my little puddle jumper" and it stuck :laugh: Maybe it's because the names they did use sucked :laugh: They were called scrapper in this Sears catalog, Manco called them "Hot pepper" :doah:

There are some NOS pacifico plastic fenders on ebay currently, they look like the ones that Fox/Dynamark used on the Banshee line (really similar bike), they have a better look to them to me anyway, but you would need to drop them lower than where Manco had them.

Looks really cool, wheels look really nice like that!

I wonder if the late model Thunderbird fenders might adapt? They have the sort of same style to them.

Oh yea, I am not real sure these bikes were ever actually called "puddle jumper" I swear some hillbilly just got on the internet one day and said "check out my little puddle jumper" and it stuck :laugh: Maybe it's because the names they did use sucked :laugh: They were called scrapper in this Sears catalog, Manco called them "Hot pepper" :doah:

There are some NOS pacifico plastic fenders on ebay currently, they look like the ones that Fox/Dynamark used on the Banshee line (really similar bike), they have a better look to them to me anyway, but you would need to drop them lower than where Manco had them.
Is it just me or are these bikes dead straight up and the kickstands not touching the ground???

Ever sense the "Smart Car" hit the streets I have called it a Puddle Jumper. South Carolina only allows 7 letters or numbers on the license plate. I have always said if I had one (not in this lifetime) I would have a plate that read PDLJMPR. Most people would never figure it out.

Thanks to Mark, Chad, Harley,Chipper,Boonie and Fomogo:thumbsup: I used a # 41 chain and should of used a #40.. dummy:doah: I'll see what i can find for the plastic fenders Mark.

Push your thumb nail on the attached part or log in to see pics..??im not sure cause I'm a rookie and there is not a 1-800 number for help. There are many great people here that will help you out. Good luck and welcome aboard

Mike