Sears Puddle Jumper?

Well, I couldn't resist this little project since it was in the neighborhood, fairly priced, and delivered to my door by a gracious OldMiniBikes member.

Hounddog

Really Edwin,

I gave it away for what I had in it.... You have been pawning away your crap, Oh I mean your "high end" sh, cr, etc. utc.. for what "way too much", and you can bang on everyone else like your sht is something.....apoligize to all of us all..... someone does something better than you and you bag over what they did........

BB

It's cool Hounddog. Edwin is just poking fun at me because I have been on a little spree. He didn't mean anything I'm sure.

Now to the bike; someone help me figure out how best to set this bike up please. Where do I get parts like shocks and get the forks and suspension all tightened up? The frame seems very well made with gusetting in several spots. I like this little bike, so any advice is appreciated.

Hounddog

Hey Korndog and Edwin,

In retrospect I really don't know what I was thinking to be so irritable. I must have been in a really grumpy mood. I better take my happy pills or something, or better yet go and ride my minibike and relax a little. Sorry guys, and my best to Edwin and Korndog. :shrug:

B

Hey Korndog and Edwin,

In retrospect I really don't know what I was thinking to be so irritable. I must have been in a really grumpy mood. I better take my happy pills or something, or better yet go and ride my minibike and relax a little. Sorry guys, and my best to Edwin and Korndog. :shrug:

B
No problem dog. hey, i love this bike! I took it apart and ordered some ball bearings and new bolt to tighten up the forks. The little bike is really built! Gussets and good steel all over. Thanks for selling it to me. Going to make a mini flat tracker out of it.

Hounddog

Wow, It has bearings in the headset/fork? That is really something when you consider the age and all. It did appear to be a very solid build with front and rear suspension and some heavy gusseting. It was obviously built to last a while...unlike soo many of the minis around...

Wow, It has bearings in the headset/fork? That is really something when you consider the age and all. It did appear to be a very solid build with front and rear suspension and some heavy gusseting. It was obviously built to last a while...unlike soo many of the minis around...
Yeah, I started pulling on what I thought were flange bushings and realized I was yanking on the inner ring of a ball bearing. Doh!

i like the bike too kd i almost bought it but changed my mind because i still have 7 bikes that are ready to go as soon as i am so i deleted the post the wheels and tires are worth what you paid for the entire bike /should make a good flat track or trail bike i have a set of stiff 10 3/4'' long shocks i will donate to the project

i like the bike too kd i almost bought it but changed my mind because i still have 7 bikes that are ready to go as soon as i am so i deleted the post the wheels and tires are worth what you paid for the entire bike /should make a good flat track or trail bike i have a set of stiff 10 3/4'' long shocks i will donate to the project
Awesome Dave; thanks! I have been looking for some stiff shocks today. the stock ones are 10.5", so yours should work fine. i was considering going with 12" and lengthening the front accordingly to get a little higher but not sure effect on swingarm.

Hounddog

Those shocks on the bike are not original and are too short. There is a brochure of this bike floating around here somewhere (What is it), showing a much longer shock. I have ordered parts from some of these co., some of them also have minibike shocks of correct length and spring weight. mfgsupply.com, gokartsusa.com, gokartgalaxy.com, gokartsupply.com, ou2win.com, cometkartsales.com, heeters.com, etc...I cannot remember them all...there are many more...

Those shocks on the bike are not original and are too short. There is a brochure of this bike floating around here somewhere (What is it), showing a much longer shock. I have ordered parts from some of these co., some of them also have minibike shocks of correct length and spring weight. mfgsupply.com, gokartsusa.com, gokartgalaxy.com, gokartsupply.com, ou2win.com, cometkartsales.com, heeters.com, etc...I cannot remember them all...there are many more...
Good information! Thanks hounddog. i saw that sheet in a thread; ill dig it up.

Well, the engine is basically finished. This is my 6.5 by Minidragbike.
The build is as follows:

Champion 6.5 OHV block .010 over decked and align bored
Honda OEM head ported by MDB with 2 angle valve job
Honda OEM crankshaft
Isky 310 special order cam
Ibea swiss made billet carburetor 1" bore
ARC long rod, flywheel, and top plate
Honda piston and rings
Champion shaft mount lifters (stock ratio).
Stock pull start and shroud

While I finish the Sears, I will put this engine in another frame for some fun at the drag races. who knows, it might end up staying there. As you can see, this engine has parts made in at least 4 different countries and three continents, so I can tell myself it's not really a Chinese clone.

Last edited: