Sears Roper 2-speed jackshaft box- GOT IT!!

Some of you may remember that I placed a wanted ad a few months ago looking for one of these. I also scoured the internet including Ebay, unfortunately, there were none to be found, and I became a bit discouraged. I DID, however, have two valued OldMiniBikes members step up (almost simultaneously) and contact me that were willing to help in a "different" way. The first was OldMiniBikes member "YOOP" (Todd) who graciously offered to provide me with accurate drawings and measurements of of HIS Sears Roper box if I was thinking about having it made/reproduced. In addition, OldMiniBikes member "rmm727" (Ryan) said he was VERY interested in taking on the challenge of reproducing the part for me. As you can see from the photos below it would not be an easy task, as there are MANY critical dimensions and bends (especially for the band brake mounting tab/hanger) for the box to replicate accurately and perform/install correctly. Todd took it one very gracious step further and agreed to LOAN his box to Ryan so that he would have the actual part to model it from! It became apparent to me from the start that Ryan was REALLY up for the challenge, and was the right man for the job. Combine that with his great eye for detail and terrific work ethic, and you can see for yourself the quality product he turned out. I wish to thank these two gentlemen for their professionalism, kindness and consideration- I could not have done it w/o you guys!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Michael
Sidebar: I am hoping (and encouraging) Ryan to post a thread and tell HIS story on how he made this part...

Last edited:

buckeye

Another example of the talent, as well as kindness of the members.
Awesome work.
Now, Michael, will you do a build thread? Haven't seen anything out of your camp for a long time.

glad to help Michael.looks good and fits well.
actually helpin' out another member now getting some aggie parts repo'd

rmm727

Thanks for the comments guys. Having Todd's part with me made it much easier to do. I appreciate him loaning me such a hard to find part for as long as I had it. And there will be a build thread here soon.