Sears roper restoration

Thank you for this restoration thread. Well done....the color combo looks great.
I'm not hijacking your thread I hope, but I have a pair of Roper frames and will be using one for a build soon... Unfortunately the one with the fuel tank has too much rust on the bottom of the frame, I'm guessing that a previous owner left it outdoors and sitting on the ground for some time, and the handlebars / fork came off of something else. The tank has a mouse nest in it, but no dents. Hopefully I can get those rusted nuts busted loose to remove it. If I decide to use it on the other frame I will flip it around ..more like a motorcycle gas tank ...just have to move the fitting to the other side.

Attachments

Triley41395

Thank you for this restoration thread. Well done....the color combo looks great.
I'm not hijacking your thread I hope, but I have a pair of Roper frames and will be using one for a build soon... Unfortunately the one with the fuel tank has too much rust on the bottom of the frame, I'm guessing that a previous owner left it outdoors and sitting on the ground for some time, and the handlebars / fork came off of something else. The tank has a mouse nest in it, but no dents. Hopefully I can get those rusted nuts busted loose to remove it. If I decide to use it on the other frame I will flip it around ..more like a motorcycle gas tank ...just have to move the fitting to the other side.
If you have any questions please feel free to pm me. I will say if I could do it again I would fit and assemble everything before the restoration. I still have not gotten my seat finished yet. Good luck and please post pics.