Seats made

You are telling the gospel truth about that, his seats lacked attention to detail and he was tough to deal with.
If the truth hurts, let me deliver the pain. Dude did bad business here. I took more personal time via phone and PMs with people wondering what's going on. His seats were affordable and rider quality. If you want a nice seat and good service, I recommend the person above....

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I bought several of Kenny's seats. I never had a problem with them, or with him. He ended up doing some bad business with a few people on here, and they have a negative opinion. I personally don't, but I don't discount the bad experiences my friends here have experienced.

Kenny did a custom seat for my Cat Hustler project that was a total custom job, and it was not an easy one. He also sold me a could of his el Cheapo Specials on a "Make Offer" deal on Ebay. That is probably his forte.

Manchester seats are about half the price of what I can get done locally, extremely high quality, and done with an eye towards the overall bike in a zen-stitch sort of style. Her seats come back quickly, and meet or exceed expectations.

I've had seats from both. (well, only one from Karen but it's awesome, and very good quality. Her turn around time, price and attention to detail can't be beat.) The handful of seats I got from Kenny took forever, were all sloppy, crooked stitching and on the Rupp one the lettering on the back looked like it was done in third grade art class:laugh:. Good seats for a rider, but hey, I'm picky..

I can't wait to get a seat from Karen for my build off Roper ( assuming she will make one , lol ) clearly the reviews and seeing the pics there is no doubt her quality and craftsmanship is top notch ! I have 3 seats made by Kenny , I'm happy with all of them , however the last one for my El Tigre came to me with no El Tigre printed on the back as it should have been , the seat itself was fine though .

You want an example of this woman's artistry? Look no further than this Toyoco seat she just did for me. This seat was gone. Wood like tissue paper, all rotted and ripped. All i wanted was to preserve the name, which was still in good condition. Got it back last night. Great job Karen!!

Haven't been on the site in awhile, but someone alerted me to this thread. I have had numerous seats made by Kenny and they were all very nice. I have never had a seat made by Karen and I mean her no disrespect. But before she came along Kenny was the only one here helping keep this hobby alive with his seat making. He is not a professional upholsterer and never claimed to be. But he taught himself how to do something to help out the hobby. Anytime I did have a problem with a seat he took care of it. I stay in touch with Kenny and consider him a friend . I applaud anyone who reproduces parts for this hobby. I don't know about the bad deals anyone had with him. I thought the turn around time for a seat was quite reasonable. Of course I don't wait for the bike to be finished before I order a seat. Anyway I always recommend his seats and always will. If I decide to build another bike I may give Karen a chance . I also buy the generic seats off of ebay if I am just flipping a bike..

Last edited:
Haven't been on the site in awhile, but someone alerted me to this thread. I have had numerous seats made by Kenny and they were all very nice. I have never had a seat made by Karen and I mean her no disrespect. But before she came along Kenny was the only one here helping keep this hobby alive with his seat making. He is not a professional upholsterer and never claimed to be. But he taught himself how to do something to help out the hobby. Anytime I did have a problem with a seat he took care of it. I stay in touch with Kenny and consider him a friend . I applaud anyone who reproduces parts for this hobby. I don't know about the bad deals anyone had with him. I thought the turn around time for a seat was quite reasonable. Of course I don't wait for the bike to be finished before I order a seat. Anyway I always recommend his seats and always will. If I decide to build another bike I may give Karen a chance . I also buy the generic seats off of ebay if I am just flipping a bike..
Paul, I agree with you. He was the only one for a few years. Again, reasonable and rider quality. I know personally of more than a few people that were waiting 10 weeks and communication was cut off. Again, I know he had personal things going on. We all do. It only takes a minute to make a post informing customers of what's going on. I had enough PMs and phone calls from members that I just can't defend his actions. However, I miss having him around as a founding member here. I truly hope all is better with him. Karen is more than reasonable and is doing an outstanding job for the time she has been making seats. "Pretty Impressive" some would say....[emoji51]

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

Time to speak.................:laugh: No disrespect to Kenny. I think there is plenty of work for the both of us. I have 9 seats from Kenny and they are pretty nice. I always waited pretty long for the seats.:doah: I am also self taught. Watched youtube a few times and got a couple tips from some upholstery guys. Its only because of Kenny that I fell into making seats. I had a seat pan for a bonanza that I bought on ebay. I shipped it to him and paid him for the job. Months went by and I couldn't get a hold of him. I finally did contact him through ebay when I noticed he had some seats for sale. In the mean time, I bought another seat pan on ebay and gave it a try myself. Not to bad for my first seat. (I did finally get my seat) We had a few correspondences and all was cool. As I posted the seat on the forum, members were saying they liked it. Next thing you know people were asking me to make seats........And, so it began. I use my grandmothers machine from the 1960's and my mothers machine from the 1970's. Nothing fancy. I have only been making seats for a little over a year now and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. If you want to by your seats from Kenny, I don't really care. :001_tt2:

Karen I am glad you stepped up to the plate. The more people doing the better. I am sure your seats are wonderful. I was merely defending my buddy who helped so many and yes he did have some personal issues that perhaps took away from his dedication . I just hate to see anyone get bashed when they aren't around to defend themselves...

Manchester1 just turned down a simple seat design I asked to be made, said "I'm just so busy.sorry.thank you"

Ok........................Anyone else making seats?

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I might try to make my own, or at least make my own wood base and foam. It's hard to find reliable upholsterers whose work is good and reasonably priced and quick turnaround. I am getting close to needing a seat, I talked to Karen about a seat a while ago but she is way busier now plus the bike has changed and needs a different type of seat, one with more of a high back to it to keep me from flying off the back of the bike.
So I'm going to try and build a piece of wood and foam to the shape I need and then go from there. I'm sure someone will be able to make it, I know I sure can't lol!

Last edited:

kbs8ball

Thanks Paul and the others who chimed in, I came here defend myself but im not even gonna bother, life happens pretty much sums it up. There are way more seat makers than Karen and myself, Me personally i would never pay someone a hundred bucks for a minibike seat but thats me and thats why i started making seats. I always wanted to give people a NICE seat for a fair price. If you need a seat hit me up. if not go buy one of Karens she has bought a bunch of seats from me over the years. its all good!! remember this is a hobby people and its suppose to be fun.

Thanks Paul and the others who chimed in, I came here defend myself but im not even gonna bother, life happens pretty much sums it up. There are way more seat makers than Karen and myself, Me personally i would never pay someone a hundred bucks for a minibike seat but thats me and thats why i started making seats. I always wanted to give people a NICE seat for a fair price. If you need a seat hit me up. if not go buy one of Karens she has bought a bunch of seats from me over the years. its all good!! remember this is a hobby people and its suppose to be fun.
CLASS ACT POST (No surprise, considering how I have come to know Kenny over the years).
Michael