Sebac/Betor shock lower painting offer (for the lowers) this week only

markus

So its December already and I have to finish a resto on a 1930's telephone I that is a christmas present for my Mother (shhhh, dont tell her!!!!) Its been sitting around here as I planned to spray it at the same time I did a motor but of course all the engines I have done since it was ready called for them to be white.

with that said I gotta mix up the paint to spray it/gun cleaning etc.. so to do a few things at once when doing some small things is the way to go. If anyone is redoing sebac for their bikes and wants the lowers done in urethane single stage I will do the lowers for $20 plus the ride back a pair (for people that are actually going to use them for their bikes NOT for FLIPPERS!!!

Gotta have them fast though, cause the clock is ticking!!!! They have to be nice and straight, scuff and shoot condition though, I will not spend hours repairing and blocking out dents and dings and pits, or weld/braze up holes and chain rash I don't have the time or patience for that right now. I will do a final media blast, clean etch prime and shoot only on the lower sections.

If you want any done I would like to get them at least in the mail by the end of this week, lowers themselves don't weight much and can be shipped in a small package, so shipping should be affordable first class, and even not too bad priority.

This again is for the lowers (and eye's if you want those painted too some bikes came that way some did not) nothing else, so send me just those parts only as seen in the first few pics only. Message me if you want some done.

like the lowers in primer or black that are loose bottom of pic

finished in single stage Urethane:

markus

Thanks for the offer.
Nobody took me up on my offer but thats cool, I had less paint on the shelf than I thought I had anyway o_O I dug out some spare lowers to do and I thought I wasn't going to be able to even spray those after mixing I only had about 2oz of product/paint in the gun. Thankfully that was enough, with just a little bit extra that I was able to refresh the tongue of my little trailer that sits out where I paint... and half of one of the fenders :D

No, to figure how the hell the phone goes back together :oops: IMG_1573 (Medium).JPG

markus

That's pretty cool. What era is the phone? My guess would be 1950's.
mid 1930's according to my research in this setup. externally it was roached, someone had just spraybombed over the rust and corrosion, Bakelite handset, and even the dial.......kinda how you find old mini bikes usually :D Dialer works great though and thankfully it all cleaned up nicely, just got a repro cloth cord and that dial center where you put the phone number so I dont have too much invested. Will have to get a ringer box and convertor if she wants to actually hook it up and use it though.

capguncowboy

mid 1930's according to my research in this setup. externally it was roached, someone had just spraybombed over the rust and corrosion, Bakelite handset, and even the dial.......kinda how you find old mini bikes usually :D Dialer works great though and thankfully it all cleaned up nicely, just got a repro cloth cord and that dial center where you put the phone number so I dont have too much invested. Will have to get a ringer box and convertor if she wants to actually hook it up and use it though.
That's a great project. I have a wooden ringer box with the external bells in your interested. I think it's Western electric brand. It's in great condition. I was going to convert into a keychain cabinet to put by the back door but couldn't get myself to gut it.