Sebac shock Long lower section wanted/trade

markus

Sebac shocks came in an array of sizes The typical 12/14 stamped series on the mini bikes the lowers is what made the length changes. I am looking for a match to longer than normal one I have or a good pair of them even maybe. Its only a 1/4" longer, but it would make all the difference for what I am wanting to use it for

Here it is compared to the standard 11 3/4" length lower, Measures right at 5", where the typical will be 4 3/4"

looking to Buy/maybe trade for other sebac parts possibly. I have alot of sebac spare parts, no good chrome but lots of bushings, eyelets, standard lowers, stuff like that.

If you have one of these longer lowers or an old shock/s that used them, Send me pic and price please, 34223 is the zip

Hounddog

Hi Markus, I have another set of Sebacs. They are intact with the springs and retainers installed so difficult to measure. If you PM me your email, I can send good pics with a tape measure so you can see. Thanks, HD

markus

Thanks, I wish I could remember what the longer one was on, but I buy these loose and in singles all the time too and I am not really sure If I pulled it from a bike or not.

HD, will send you my email, I guess maybe a measurement with the tape butted up to the bottom of the lower cup :shrug: I have a few sets apart right now that are getting put back together so I have loose cups to stick on there and match the measurement.

Thanks

Hello Marcus,

I think I may have what you're looking for. I have one that measures just under 5" (4-7/8"). It is about 1/4" longer than the standard Rupp style shocks that I have. It looks worse than it really is. No chain rash and no dimples. Here is a photo.... I can bead blast it for you if you want and send another photo.

Sebac1.jpg

markus

No worries about blasting it, the one I have is going to need some work done to it so I will be filling and sanding anyway. as long as the threads for the eye are pretty decent I can probably do something with it.

they did not give much wiggle room on this seat setup and I would like to get just a touch more space, If I cant do that I need to add a little to the bump stop in the shock I guess, cause I am not good at dieting :thumbsup: These is with a 11 3/4" eye to eye which were original to the bike when I got it (just redone)

PM me what you want for it, 34223 is my zip

Last edited: