Second Annual Northern NY Fall Minibike Fest and Swap Meet

An Invitation to the Second Annual Northern NY Minibike Festival and Swap Meet.

Wednesday September 12 through Sunday September 16, those are the dates to remember.

Located on an 8 acre site in Redwood, NY, 13679 (Jefferson County) the Second Annual Northern New York Minibike Festival and Swap Meet looks once again to be the Biggest and Best Fall Minibike Event in New York State. Bring your minibikes, Trikes, and ATV’s and ride the local trails! The site is located 6 miles east of Redwood at the intersection of Cottage Hill Road, Grass Lake Road, and Hart Flats Road, GPS coordinates 44.311280, -75.717932. The Swap Meet will run every day and everybody is invited to display and sell items related to the theme of the Fest. There are many miles of ATV legal roads, trails, and trail systems in the area. This is a Primitive Camping Site, there are no utilities, running water, or sewers on the property. Bring pads and tarps for tents as most of the area is rock.

Get ready for some serious riding, the trails are tough on minibikes but are a blast.
The guys who rode last year will attest to that!

Camp fires are allowed and local firewood is available for free to burn so don't bring wood.

The site is located in Jefferson County, NY which permits registered All Terrain Vehicles to operate
on the local roads, state, and privately funded ATV/Snowmobile trails. The town businesses embrace
ATV operators.

More to come......

Just put it on the calendar, in stone, thanks for putting this on again Phil! I'll donate another annual signature engine if you like, lol. Can't wait for TONS more riding up there! Let me know if you need any help (especially if you want to make a track...:shifty:)

Figure on riding 35 to 40 miles a day. "Groomed" trails now extend from Redwood, NY to
Philadelphia, NY to Clayton, NY. County maintained logging roads and trails loop around
three lakes and are about 35 miles total.

Check out Bike Trails, Walking Trails & Trail Maps | TrailLink and search for Rivergate in
Redwood, NY 13679 for the latest trail map and updates.

There are areas of little use that "Trailer Queen Riders" complain about
as being over grown but I have rode them last week on my Polaris Razr and they are fine. Yes
you will get bounced around but they are good riding.

Trikes are especially welcome, be sure to put some knobbies on, there is nothing close to track
conditions here and lawn tires will not cut the mustard especially on the groomed trails.

This year I would like to encourage Drag Mini's and Trikes to show up. We can do up to an
1/10 mile on asphalt. This will be an outlaw operation and if enough people commit we can
do trophies and maybe prizes. Maybe a stock class, lite mod, and unlimited? Suggestions please.

Food will be the same as last year. It will be my pleasure to supply breakfast and dinner to all.

Lastly for this update; we had no trouble last year. Given that, no rules.

Last edited:

brown boonie

JUST REMEMBER-EXPECT IT WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT!
I was there last year, it was a great time riding, great food, not going to miss this!!!!! If it is like last year, bring a change of clothes and "mud boots" there are a few wet spots on the trails (98% DRY) but i was on a super bronc and sneakers and did fine. Looking forward to seeing a few drag bikes and running a couple "lite mod" bikes.

Last edited:
This Years Prizes:

Monster Moto MMB 80 Minibike

PVL Clone Flywheel

OldMiniBikes 3/4" Torque Converter Kit

Box Stock Clone Rod and Cam Kit

Fostek Book Shelf Horn Speakers (Pair)

Assortment of FHS Racing Oils

This year I would like to encourage Drag Mini's and Trikes to show up. We can do up to an
1/10 mile on asphalt. This will be an outlaw operation and if enough people commit we can
do trophies and maybe prizes. Maybe a stock class, lite mod, and unlimited? Suggestions please.

Food will be the same as last year. It will be my pleasure to supply breakfast and dinner to all.

Lastly for this update; we had no trouble last year. Given that, no rules.
This is great I would love to bring my 100ft drag bike but it is wicked far away from me- 7+ hours and over 350 miles
Is that something you guys would be interested in? 100ft seems too short, but it goes fast - people get lots of runs and keeps speed down too- no accidents. It would be sweet to make this but like I said that’s a far drive. I’ll look into it

Last edited:
Like the guys said, there are so many trails up there you can ride for days... I'll be bringing more tools and dry clothes, lol. Worth the trip, It's actually still America up there! :thumbs:, You'll forget that you're still in NY, wish my phone that had pics from last year didn't die, ugh, can't wait.

UPDATE:

i rode 51 miles of trails memorial day weekend. don't bring any trailer queens, you will get wet and muddy.

bring your minibikes, trikes, atv's, whatever you have, and don't forget to bring bail money!!!!

good food, good riding, bugs, good prizes. you cannot ask for more.

i am working on getting a well drilled so we can hose off between rides.

:thumbsup:

phil

here are some pics from a trail ride yesterday. the blue buggy is a neighbor of mine.

on the way to the trails
20180603_112154.jpg

the trail head
20180603_112929.jpg

one of the puddles
20180603_113000.jpg

the sand pit, a place for motocross riding
20180603_115103.jpg

the first cattle gate
20180603_115444.jpg

passing one of the many lakes and ponds on the trail
20180603_122048.jpg

lots of plant and animal life along the trail
20180603_142505.jpg

in the woods
20180603_124851.jpg

saw lots of wildlife, two pheasants, a coyote, and a spruce grouse who
must have been lost since they are usually seen in the adirondack park.

cool place to ride phil....:thumbsup:
the trails here are varied, long, short, muddy, dry, all sorts of trails.

this year i will focus on three major trails, rivergate from redwood to
philadelphia, lake of the woods loop, and the lead mine road loop.

we will ride probably 75 to 80 miles over the fest.

the rivergate trail is hard core riding with woods, wading pools, and sand hills
and will take 4 to 5 hours start to finish. 6 hours with lunch at "Cooks Pizzeria"
in philadelphia, ny.

the other two loops are 1 hour and 1/2 hour loops that are fast kick ass
take no prisoner trails with some asphalt roads. the two loops were made for
trikes and minibikes.

we start riding each morning after breakfast. eat lunch then ride more. dinner
is the end of the riding day with camp fires, relaxing, and snoozing into oblivion.

it would be a short and worthwhile trip from wisconsin!

:thumbsup: