Seeking help

E1Nono

I bought an iron 8E63A740-9EAD-41D4-AD17-E746883C77D3.jpeg ton 208cc and did the stage one kit from gopowersports added 18lb springs and an air filter engine only starts with external starter like a drill but I want to start it with pull cord any chances anyone knows what could be going on? T.I.A

Steve73

after replacing your springs double check your valve lash. that could be the cause of your hard pulls to start engine and higher compression to yank your arm off when using your pull cord to start. :)

Bird Brain

Is the clutch on it? Rotational counter weight mass makes a difference, especially when using an aluminum flywheel if so equipped. Just something to add and try. Good luck with it.

Did it run before you took it apart? Did you try starting it with the pull start?
Would it help to spray some starter fluid or gasoline in the carb and try pulling the cord?

E1Nono

Did it run before you took it apart? Did you try starting it with the pull start?
Would it help to spray some starter fluid or gasoline in the carb and try pulling the cord?
Yea before adding the stage 1 I ran it and it ran perfectly fine with the pull start and I tried spraying starting fluid it just blows a fireball out the back but won’t start

Is 1 of the carb studs broken???? If so, that's a huge vacuum leak. Some thing jus looks odd about that carb.
Recheck the valve lash, set both at .003". Too loose on the exhaust will make it hard to pull, too tight on either or both will not allow it to draw in enough air/ fuel mixture.
Screenshot_20230329_123246_Chrome.jpg

E1Nono

Is 1 of the carb studs broken???? If so, that's a huge vacuum leak. Some thing jus looks odd about that carb.
Recheck the valve lash, set both at .003". Too loose on the exhaust will make it hard to pull, too tight on either or both will not allow it to draw in enough air/ fuel mixture.
Carb is brand new I also put a Main .038 Jet that came with the kit but I’ll set the valve lash thanks

Update I set exhaust to .005 and intake to .007 and it started up but im going to drop it to .003 to see if it makes it better

Carb is brand new I also put a Main .038 Jet that came with the kit but I’ll set the valve lash thanks

Update I set exhaust to .005 and intake to .007 and it started up but im going to drop it to .003 to see if it makes it better
Sounds like progress.
When the engine gets up to temp, the valve lash will increase .002"-.003", so I use .003" for a safe bet.
Good luck, glad you got it started.