Sensation "mike-bike"

Glad this thread got resurrected cos I missed it before and got my 'oh Jesus' experience without having to go to church! ("Oh Jesus, look at that thing!" "Oh god it's perfect!" "Oh lord, how did I not know I liked Sensation minibikes so much???") But even a old Heathen Bastage like me enjoys a good religious revival on a Sunday morning now n again, especially when the sermon is delivered by a true hellfire n brimstone preacher of the Truth like you.

I choose my gods and I worship at the altar of your skills sir!:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
The Mini Bike is fantastic! I learned to drive in my parents 68 Wildcat that was the exact same color with the exception of the top ours had a white vinyl top on it. When we went to my Grandparents house, my Honda Trail 70 would fit in the trunk like a dream.

delray

had some fun today and took the little sensation minibike with me to a car show again. bike went over very well at the show. think more people look at the bike then the car...:laugh:..:doah:

chevy nova wagon next to me was my buddy's car and it was the first time for him to show it. this car is totally trick out.
pictures tell it all. very nice....:thumbsup:

That's three beautiful machines right there y'all :thumbsup:

One of'em my most favorite mini bike of all times...the Sensation Mike Bike !!!

Regarding the Wagon.....my Aunt Gert used to have a Nova Wagon....it was oxidized chevy blue, and in her later years, Aunt Gert used her to haul around meals as she volunteered for meals on wheels.

I'm not sure what is hiding under all that cowling....but I be that wagon can haul more than meals :laugh:

Thanks for sharing Brian.

Last edited:

delray

yes tom ,the dells.
saturday must of been over 1000 cars. real nice day for it. streets friday night and saturday where just crazy.

something else i found out after taking the rims apart. looks to be a front rim and a back rim. the back rims have a step in the center hub for the sprocket and the front is flat across.

Delray, were your rims corroded when you started? If so, how'd you clean them up so nicely? Just good old elbow grease, or something quicker?

finish up on painting the frame and forks. now just waiting for some parts that my cousin will be picking up today from being zinc plated and my seat....:clap:
unfortunately i have not heard from dick debuse a OldMiniBikes member here that i was going to get the dem's for the clutch cover and the sticker so i can remake both of them for my bike.....:shrug:
probably won't be bring this bike to windber because of this. time is running out for me. it will take at least a week or two to have someone local to make me the mike-bike sticker that go's on the clutch cover. witch i don't even have the dem's to make one....:doah:

Yesterday, when we pulled the bike from the barn, I told my husband that I remembered it being an aqua color when I was a little girl. (When he got it running in the 90's for our kids, he had it sandblasted and painted a different color so he didn't remember what it had been.) I was happy to see your pictures showing the color I remembered! Did they come in other colors?

Yesterday, when we pulled the bike from the barn, I told my husband that I remembered it being an aqua color when I was a little girl. (When he got it running in the 90's for our kids, he had it sandblasted and painted a different color so he didn't remember what it had been.) I was happy to see your pictures showing the color I remembered! Did they come in other colors?
Glad you guys checked out Brian Delray's Mike Bike.

Yes they did also come in other colors. For certain a navy blue color, and a red color. I had blue, my buddy had red.

The chopper if I recall correctly was a purple/pink looking color.

delray

I use a glass bead abrasive on my rims. just strong enough to clean the corrosion off and then coated it with two lite coats of a satin clear so it can keep that natural aluminum look. for the colors I am not sure on that . I have only seen two different colors my self. color on my bike and a dark burgundy red with a possible fine metallic in the paint. my other bike that needs restoring appears to have that in it. I also haven't done much research on this either so there could be another color out there. hopefully someone in your family can come up with some photos of when it was still all original.....