Sensation minibike

This is the mini bike i grew up riding just about done with it i want to redo the seat and a few other things. I have not seen many sensation's around post up your pic's if you have one.

Attachments

Now we're talkin' ! :thumbsup:

I love Sensation Mini Bikes....that's where it all started for me :laugh:

My folks were not into the idea of a mini bike, becuase we lived in town, and 'there was nowhere to ride one' :shrug:

... My Grandad bought me a blue Sensation Mike Bike in 1969 or 1970 to ride around his farm out in the country (less than 10 miles from the town we lived in). I rode it all around the roads, paths, and fields in Bowling Green South Carolina, and I don't ever recall seeing a cop.

Brought the Mike Bike over to my folks house a few times in town, and it was a different story....had a buddy around the block with a 'Steins' mini cycle with a dang Hodaka 100 2 cycle engine on it... (and I wanted to ride that thing) ....he said 'you let me ride your Mike Bike', and 'you can ride the Steins'. So I said sure....I ride a couple hundred yards down the street...loving my first experience with a clutch and gears...turned it around...and what do I see coming up the street..:shrug:..a dang cop !

First time I get to ride a real motorcycle...and my experience was cut short by one of Gastonia's finest :laugh: :doah: I guess that backed up my folks saying 'there is nowhere to ride' in town.

Took the Mike Bike back out to the country to my Granparents home, and rode many more enjoyable, encounter free miles :smile:

Enjoy yours, and keep us posted as to your progress !

I grew up in a small town (Elkader) and rode it around the house and in the street behind our house the cops never really bothered me. The old motor had a wind up rope start once started we rode it till it was out of gas lol.

Nice..I have been looking at peoples pics trying to find a pick of my first mini...lots of close calls...but that is it!!! thanks for the memory jog!!! Now I know what I need!

Hey again Pro TC,

I meant to mention Weclome to the OldMiniBikes !

Bunch of good folks on here.

Also, regarding your Sensation... nice looking bike. The fact that it "is" the mini bike you had growing up...is priceless.

Cherish it, and hold on to it, and when you get the chance, share it and your stories with your kids, and grandkids.

Mini Bikes family, and friends, make great memories.

Again, welcome to the OldMiniBikes !

Last edited:
Oh wow ! SMWTNBNDR.... man ! I see lot's of 'original' bike there :thumbsup: aside from the mod to the scrub brake, and whatever they've done to the motor plate..that bike has so much of what I'd like to find in a minibike...especially a Mike Bike.

Having memorized every square inch of my Mike Bike as a kid, I can tell you, that I think you have not only original paint, but you have an original seat, original foot peg cover (at least on the side I can see), and what appears to be original equipment throttle control and grip (again on the side I can see), and original front wheel, and can't see the rear wheel..if it looks like the front then it is likely original . Very nice !

I would 'clean' that one up good...nothing invasive...fix the mod to the scrub brake and motor mount...find a period 3 hp briggs with similar patina...and ride that one just like that !!!

Enjoy !

Last edited:
Brake is gonna be put back to original. Original kickstand is there as well. I thought paint was original as well but it is not. Seat is original but sadly ripped pretty good. Sensation wheels front and back. Gonna blast it and put my Tecumseh Super 58 on it.