Sensation wheel spacer length for sprocket

The material they used is a seamed tubular material with odd dimensions. It's similar to 3/8" black pipe.

LENGTH = 1.960"
O.D. = .665"
I.D. = .475 -.485"

I took other dimensions from this area just for the heck of it.:

Both these bolts are grade 2 on mine
SPROCKET BOLTS = 3ea. 3/8-16x3"
REAR AXLE BOLT 1ea. 5/8-11x7-1/2"

SPROCKET DIMENSIONS:

DESCRIPTION = 60T #35 CHAIN
THICKNESS .148"
I.D. = 1.755"
BOLT HOLES = .390"
SPROCKET BOLT PATTERN
ABOUT 3.245"-3.250" I GOT THIS DIMENSION BY MEASURING THE BOLT AND CENTER HOLES THEN MEASURING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM AND COMPUTING THE CENTER-TO-CENTER OF THESE HOLES THEN MULTIPLYING BY TWO.

I think they were shooting for a 3.25" bolt circle, but when I measure these things I'm also measuring manufacturing errors along with 50 years of abuse.

The wheel bearings are stamped 1.375" x 5/8" x 7/16" (nominal, not actual dimensions.)

These bearings are easy to find and cheap to buy. I got all new solid ground, and fully sealed bearings with snap rings instead of stamped flanges for both wheels for $14 shipped. If you are trying to achieve a faithful restoration you can get the stamped ones even cheaper.

Any other dimension you need I'd be happy to supply.

Thanks,
Tom
P.S. Sorry for all the CAPS.

One more set of dimensions from my back wheel. The spacers that center the wheel on the brake and keep the chain aligned come out when the wheel comes out.

I suspect mine are not original as they are made with material that has been cut with a tubing cutter and not deburred. My wheel is about 1/8" off-center as well.

These are the kind of little parts that get lost when a kid tears into something because they can fall out unnoticed and don't look like anything important.

The long spacer on mine is a bit crushed on the axis as well. So consider these rough or ballpark dimensions.

With that in mind, here are those dimensions.

MATERIAL = STEEL
O.D. = .750"
I.D. = .654"
WALL THICKNESS = .053"
LENGTH SPROCKET SIDE = .451"
LENGTH RIGHT SIDE = .822"

These could be made from .750" x .063 steel tubing Bolts are often slightly undersized, (my 5/8" axle bolts are .622") so it might slip right over the bolt. It would probably resist crushing better, too. I'm guessing that's what the factory did.

Thanks,
Tom