serengeti mini bike

Ive never uce ctmini's plate, I used Promods plate which requires drilling. I was afraid of the holes on the existing motor plate not lining up. Why couldnt you just used promods plate and line it up and drill the holes like on a DB?

My swing arm mighta started like that, then split more as I rode without knowing, I got pics somewhere.. I saw the butt welds too. I asked and was told alot of minis are wleded from 2 peices, however I would reinforce that before an upgrade.

Last edited:
Ive never uce ctmini's plate, I used Promods plate which requires drilling. I was afraid of the holes on the existing motor plate not lining up. Why couldnt you just used promods plate and line it up and drill the holes like on a DB?

My swing arm mighta started like that, then split more as I rode without knowing, I got pics somewhere.. I saw the butt welds too. I asked and was told alot of minis are wleded from 2 peices, however I would reinforce that before an upgrade.
thanks that might work.

just got done reinforcing my swing arm. wow. i have only used an arc welder before and today was the first time i used a mig welder.:hammer: that kicks :censure:

not going to give up. one way or the other, the predator will go into the badger. just hope the badger can handle what the squirrel dishes out.

TTS

only got as far as painting the swingarm today. since we only have one working mini now between three kids, they had to take turns. they werent too happy about that. one kid did his first ride on the db30 clone. had to supervise and that's why i didnt get too far. good excuse huh?

anyway, tomorow i will put back the swingarm and start looking at the engine mount. maybe my adaptor plate will be in toromow.

TTS

i got the predator motor on the badger tonight. sprockets lined up pretty good. does anyone have any info on the clutch spacer kit being sold for the predator? do you even think i need it or is it required for using a max torque clutch on predator shaft? :shrug:

on another note, i had to move the engine to the left and that took care of my foot hanging off the right peg.

one other thing, i havent heard of anyone complaining about, but i dont like the air filter hanging out like that. i know someone is going to knock it off. thinking about making a snorkel but i have limited room on the badger compared to a db30

do you like it with or without the muffler? might have to break down and get a decent looking pipe but i dont know yet. maybe i will try to make one.

will start it in a day or two....

TTS

That giant a$$ muffler sticks out worse than the air cleaner, at least on a DB. Result was a nasty burn on my kids leg. So I needed a pipe. Well it sticks out pretty far and got just as hot. So header wrap. It gets hot but it doesn't instantly brand you for life. Gives you time to get away from it. Downside is the stuff I used is made of fiberglass and I've been dealing with the itching for three days. So I wrapped the wrap with foil tape. Need to see what problem that caused.

getting closer and closer....only was able to get on the chain today before i was called off to other duties. hoping to make a bracket for the gas tank and get it running before easter so that i can watch one of my brothers or nephews fall off:laugh: i think i will use the small tank off the stock engine.

anyone else ever buy one of these things? would really like to see if anyone has made a spring loaded tensioner for it like the db30.

rear fender is going to have to be chopped. with the swingarm and shock setup, there is no room for pipe and the cam cover without some major hacking.

TTS

Don't forget to video your brothers and nephews when they eat it. Never know what that's worth. Wish I would have caught my son's third ride.

made the bracket and got the tank on. checked everything for tightness and started it up. good news was the clutch is still good. bad news is it does run lean. it will start right up with the choke on. ran it a little and oh boy. seems to have much more power the the greyhound clone on the db30. front wheel comes up way easier than the db. if i try to take off the choke, it wont run. just sputters out.

now i have to search the threads to find out how to do a diy re jet on a predator. does anyone know what differences there are between old hf clone and predator rejet?

TTS

well i drilled out the main jet last night and does this little badger rock!:thumbsup: front wheel doesnt want to stay on the ground. 6:1 ratio. maybe i'll go down to 5.5:1 or something. couldnt believe how easy it is to rejet. one problem though, i can only open the choke about 90%. it will die if i open fully. does this mean i should open the main jet more or mess with the idle screw? the predator doesnt have an idle jet, does it?

hope the frame can hold up to this amount of power. only time will tell and then i'll be telling you.

going to find a different exhaust and muff. a little too loud for my likeing with the straight pipe. i dont like the plumbing look either.

since i am not drag racing or trying to beat speed records, the governor equipped predator is perfect in the badger for this squirrel.

next project is trying to make a beverage holder for the handlebars.

TTS

Looks real nice squirrell. I just dont like how close it is to the rear wheel and no rear fender. Do you plan on adding back the fender? Im curious to see how the frame takes the extra power. Did you add anything to reinforce the motor plate or those butt welds? Im thinkin a nice 4-5hp Tec or Briggs would fit nicer in there maybe:shrug: Still looks great man!:thumbsup:

noticed the question about the brake I had already had one on my motovox and figured it would fit. I was wrong but also did not want to spend 50 bucks for a new one for the doodle bug and have the same or similar issues. so I set it up there and did some thinking and well this is what I came up with it works very well. after a lot of grinding and fitting :hammer: I made it work.

the silver bracket is made from aluminum that I got from lowes and cut to size the I used one of the original mounting holes on the frame and the bracket provides a second hole to secure the caliper

Last edited: