series 30 clone TC

Anyway to make the driver clutch engage at a lower RPM? Weaker springs? My "Jimmy Gote" seems to need more RPM to engage than I would like. Seems to have plenty of power to handle it. Any ideas? Mine is an Ebay Chinese series 30 clone. I checked my center to center spacing and I might be 1/8 to a 1/4 wider than it called for. That do it?

Ok, got the weaker black springs. With them it wants to run away at idle. So put one stock spring, one black spring and all seems pretty good. Not sure how long a mixed set of springs will last. Good news, I got another set just like them as back up.

Ok, got the weaker black springs. With them it wants to run away at idle. So put one stock spring, one black spring and all seems pretty good. Not sure how long a mixed set of springs will last. Good news, I got another set just like them as back up.
For the time being, I run one white and one blue spring. It seems to like it. Been running it for about 2 months. Now I modified mine to have Teflon bushings for the rods on the weights to ride on. I might have better results just because of that. Best of luck.:thumbsup: