Shed find - New Zealand. What is it??

fistfullabar

Ond those bikes where made in taiwan. They was sold in n.z. but badge as something else. Names of those bikes are on the website somewhere.

Thanks OND, would that tank have been a modification? Any idea what engine they ran? My neighbor is keen to get it running again.
I will go and have another look tonight with this info, thanks very much! Ash

I did a build thread on my Grand Prix this year and done as much research as I could....couldn't find a whole bunch on them to actually date any. I did find out that they were probably Tawanese made and sold in many different companies...I woulds say around the late 70's to maybe early 80's....but nothing to back that up.

Did you get a clutch cover with it ? Here's a pic of a original , and your frame still has the mounting tabs.

Sorry...I don't know that engine.....is it a two stroke ? I hope that gas tank is in good condition...thats the first one I've seen that could be correct for the bike.

Awesome thanks guys, leaning toward the deltek rockhopper now. Will have another look over the weekend and confirm.
Great to see parts available on ebay.com.au as well.
Thanks again for all the help!! My neighbor is going to explode when I show him this info.

There is no clutch cover that I have seen, and yes that tank is still in good condition, the bike was running a couple of years ago, the outer hub on the clutch has worn out, we are going to re-sleeve it and see how it goes.
Thank you!

Ash

Hey Guys! Well here it is a few years later!!!
We think it is a Deltek Grassgrub based on the Victa engine and where the exhaust comes out.
Still looking for a few bits.
Could do with a new carburetor, new rear wheel and new rear brakes.
Found some parts on ebay.com.au but any other tips would be appreciated.
20220628_181025.jpg 20220628_181046.jpg 20220628_181104.jpg 20220628_181118.jpg Any suggestions on where we could source those parts?