Sherpa

Thanks... I have a port... my concern was more about where the person screwed into the block to mount the bracket to mount the fuel pump body .... this picture shows a screw and a broken off screw below that..... that we’re drilled into the block that they attached this bracket and pump.... not having opened this or any Briggs motor up... I was afraid this area wasn’t thick enough to drill into.... they also had silicone around where the screws went into the block.... I am making a bracket to mount the pump to.... not sure why anyone would drill into the block

Attachments

Thanks... I have a port... my concern was more about where the person screwed into the block to mount the bracket to mount the fuel pump body .... this picture shows a screw and a broken off screw below that..... that we’re drilled into the block that they attached this bracket and pump.... not having opened this or any Briggs motor up... I was afraid this area wasn’t thick enough to drill into.... they also had silicone around where the screws went into the block.... I am making a bracket to mount the pump to.... not sure why anyone would drill into the block
I agree if you dont want to open it up (try a little form a gasket on a screw .. if you want to open it up I would bet a dot of weld would go far...

Put the Sherpa back together... new tires... everything but throttle cable... fired it up ... seems to run great... still haven’t test rode it.... discovered that the wire that I asked about in my #36 post is power wire.... so am I right to assume.... lighted

Attachments

If your motor was 'lighted', you would find magnets on the inside of the flywheel, coils mounted to the block and a fuse plate on the outside of the motor. I don't see any of this. I think your wire is for the kill switch.
Briggs flywheel magnets.jpg Briggs alt 140000.JPG

Thanks Richard... this is why I’m a bricklayer not an electrician... I used a points test light ... plugged into the connector and grounded to the frame.... and it lit up while bike was running.... this is why I thought it was power

Mine dosn't have that tag but I have the name plate
Richard thanks so much for going out of your way for me I really appreciate it if you're in the sf bay area I'm in the phone book I owe you 1 and your bike looks better than mine how good is the gas tank ?thanks a lot your friend wild bill.