Shipping a mini bike?

Looking for a way to get a bike from NY to New Mexico and they do not have Fastenal.
I was hoping to drop ship it.
I was thinking maybe Greyhound freight?
I know someone here will have the best solution.
Thanks Bob

Looking for a way to get a bike from NY to New Mexico and they do not have Fastenal.
I was hoping to drop ship it.
I was thinking maybe Greyhound freight?
I know someone here will have the best solution.
Thanks Bob
I've used U-ship with decent results. Fl to Wy (Ne) $250bucks, another one Ft. Worth to Wy (Ne) $150bucks.
I had the luxury of time. Posted it that way. Went way out on both pick up and delivery. I wanted them picked up in a reasonable time, didn't care bout delivery. Put out there 2 months for delivery if memory serves me.
My thots are/were. It's a mini-bike, they're small light weight, don't take up alot of room. Cpl tanks of fuel and we're good. They can Shtuff'n n the back of a pickup, a hole in a trailer etc...
Hope that gives you hope sir. That worked out for me, still ended up having more in them than i should of.
I chalked it up to the feeding the addiction... or was that the curse?

Mark

Fed Ex works too. Depending on the bike, have the seller get two or three cheap furniture blankets and two rolls of clear packing tape, and wrap that sucker up and drop it off at Fed Ex. It's best to separate the engine and ship separately. After that, it's either break it down in smaller parts and go USPS, or U-ship.

minibikefever

I'm in new york and ship a lot of items boxed, motor's and a couple frames and found that fed ex treats me the best as far as price and 3-4 day delivery time but I've never shipped a complete bike with them? I also used u-ship to pick up one bike for me and had one picked up by u ship that I sold, a driver that happened to be cutting through ny and had just enough room for the bike so it worked well and the buyer got a pretty good deal on shipping, the seller on the bike I bought was in no hurry because he was paid so the pick up and drop off times were wide open and no rush which allowed for me to wait for a reasonable offer which I did get, you can post it on u ship and wait for offers and post your max while you look for other options and your not locked into anything? I've never got a price from New England freight like Skipp mentioned so you have to check them all for the best deal good luck.

Go to U-Haul and buy a box for shipping clothes a garmet box. It is large enough to fit the main frame in and the fork & wheel can be put in there
also. Ship the motor sepperate so as not to get too heavy all in one box. I shipped a Bonanza frame by Greyhound unboxed with a cardboard address label on it. It went to Grand Rapids MI from my home town on Muskegon MI 40 miles away. Well when some one can see what is being shipped then you have troubles. It was lost at the first stop. It was only going 120 miles north and never made it.
I shipped a go kart by Greyhound but was wrapped in cardboard and it made it.

Go to U-Haul and buy a box for shipping clothes a garmet box. It is large enough to fit the main frame in and the fork & wheel can be put in there
also. Ship the motor sepperate so as not to get too heavy all in one box. I shipped a Bonanza frame by Greyhound unboxed with a cardboard address label on it. It went to Grand Rapids MI from my home town on Muskegon MI 40 miles away. Well when some one can see what is being shipped then you have troubles. It was lost at the first stop. It was only going 120 miles north and never made it.
I shipped a go kart by Greyhound but was wrapped in cardboard and it made it.
ALL, Thanks for all the replies.

garysgun, so you mean a wardrobe box? Like for hanging clothes on hangers? Cool thanks for that tip.

toomanytoys

I bought a bike off a member here 10 years ago.

One box with 2 tires. 1 box frame. 1 box front forks and 1 box engine. It was about 55 dollars for all of them together. Engine was the most expensive part...

Here i was just thinking to bad that's not the case these days! Lol :confused:
Yet still a good way to ship one, break it down small as possible.
My belief is shipping costs go by the cubic foot taken up & weight. 20190102_194225.jpg 20190102_194219.jpg 20190102_194209.jpg 20200802_134355.jpg 20200802_134341.jpg Smaller the better.
I've had a cpl complete bikes broken down and shipped wrapped in cardboard/duct tapped and or shrink wrapped with great success.

toomanytoys

Shipping costs have gone WAY up since then!!
Michael
Guess I'm spoiled by free Amazon prime shipping!

I had my super bronc vt8 shipped from Chicago to Ohio all together for 150 using FedEx freight. That was in 2009.

Crazy. I will stop looking at bikes online now lol.

toomanytoys

If it weren't for online i wouldn't have any of'm! Lol :p
i have picked up everthing in my possession via online come to think of it. :oops:

As John Dyer from Racers Edge in Tucson sez
"Don't be Scared"
We have a pretty decent market around me in ohio.

I've picked up rupps, cat eliminator, a bonanza, heath kits, super bronc, and others all within 50 miles of me.

Lately I've just been playing with my coleman ct200u. After a tav and stage 1 upgrades to the engine it's actually fun to ride. Me and my kids ride that things all over. I bet we put 40 miles on it this weekend. A mix of paved and gravel roads and trails.

Robertt8883

This Might help.I also ship my fair share of Frames.rollers and complete bikes. My friend owns a large bicycle shop,They carry alot of different brands of bikes.Well when he sells a Santa Cruz) mountain he will save the box for me ,Those boxes 42"' Long x 14" wide and 38" Hi,I separate the fork from the frame.Wrap the frame and fork with Styrofoam hot water tubing from Home Depot and have plenty of room for and entire bike.
The pictures are just an example on what I use to protect the frame and fork.All these new Bicycle electric bikes also have over sized boxes when shipped.If the box is too long I cut it down to alter the length to save on shipping.

Attachments