shock help

Do you just want to get it apart?

Or would you like to be able to reassemble it at some point?

I have something in mind :smile: but the reassembly might be an issue.

markus

The black plastic part looks like a Betor style used on the later rupps but without slots for a spanner wrench. will the lower cup spin or does it feel tight/fixed? withought any slots they dont make it easy to grab to uscrew there, if they notch cut the cup though you may be able to put a strap wrench directly on it.

Either that or pull the top bushing out of the eye and see if the rod is treaded through with a screwdriver slot :shrug:

Last edited:
Shocking

I GOT IT I MADE THIS SPRING COMPRESSOR I TOOK THE PRESSURE OFF THE PLASTIC AND LET ME UNSCREW IT RIGHT OFF. IT ALSO MADE IT ALLOT EASER TO PUT THE NUT AND SPRING BACK IN THE BODY OF THE SPRING. THESE ARE SOME OF MY $5.00 SHOCKS I GOT FROM JEFF AT WINDBER :xmas-smiley-016:

markus

I GOT IT I MADE THIS SPRING COMPRESSOR I TOOK THE PRESSURE OFF THE PLASTIC AND LET ME UNSCREW IT RIGHT OFF. IT ALSO MADE IT ALLOT EASER TO PUT THE NUT AND SPRING BACK IN THE BODY OF THE SPRING. THESE ARE SOME OF MY $5.00 SHOCKS I GOT FROM JEFF AT WINDBER :xmas-smiley-016:
http://[/QUOTE]

Nice :thumbsup: I've got a couple sets apart right now, gotta run down to my buddies shop and try an talk him out of a junk set I saw on a crappy duck frame as my parts are running low, good score :bowdown: