Shop press metal brake ???

If it is a Harbor freight press please throw the plates that come with it away. They are cast and will explode under pressure.

https://www.swagoffroad.com/SWAG-Machined-Arbor-Press-Plates-Pair_p_7.html

These guys /\/\/\ make a lot of accessories for shop presses. At the least you can get some ideas. You can build your own bender with a little effort. I have the parts to build one for my press but haven't gotten around to it yet. A simple piece of heavy angle iron will work for the bottom if welded to a plate and reinforced so the sides don't move outward and a piece of 1/2'' or 3/4''flat plat can be used for the upper piece. I cut mine at a 60 degree angle to prevent binding in the bottom 45 degree bend. To clarify that. I cut a 60 degree cut on each side of the upper piece so that it has clearance on each of the 45 degree sides of the angle. There are some YouTube videos on making various types press accessories.

If you have a metal fab shop near you they will have a bunch of drops off the cut off saw that you can find things that are very useful on a press. Round heavy wall pipe of various sizes will be useful for pressing things in and out or on and off. Short pieces of bar stock are handy as well. I use 2 thicknesses of 3/4'' plywood stacked with a 6 3/4'''' hole cut in them to press stubborn 6'' tires off of beads. A piece of bar stock or flat plate across the rim and press away. The uses are endless with a little thinking.

DaddyJohn

A simple piece of heavy angle iron will work for the bottom if welded to a plate and reinforced so the sides don't move outward and a piece of 1/2'' or 3/4''flat plat can be used for the upper piece. I cut mine at a 60 degree angle to prevent binding in the bottom 45 degree bend. To clarify that. I cut a 60 degree cut on each side of the upper piece so that it has clearance on each of the 45 degree sides of the angle. There are some YouTube videos on making various types press accessories.
I used a piece of C-channel with a piece of angle iron welded into it for a die. Pretty solid...

Heres my two. The long one i use for bigger sheetmetal and its pretty percise. I can move it around to do corners and stuff. Actually i hardly ever use the center tube because im usually bending on the edge when doing corners and folds. The short one I use for thick material that doesnt have to be perfect. Its gotten pretty worn in the center from doing the thick material.

Attachments

I added a 20 to press to my tool arsenal. Now I'm looking for some homemade metal brake ideas or links.
I bought a cheap 36" HF brake some time ago. I made several modifications on it for the clamping mechanism and extended the "handle." It is only rated at .12 ga or so, but for the money, with the mods, it does fine.

In hindsite, I should have spent $800 more dollars and got a used finger brake. I would have quadrupled the number of times I used the brake if I had a finger brake instead.

There are several videos how to make various brakes, but in reality all of them require dedicating a work bench and a bunch of work to get what you can get out of HF for. (It's $238 advertised)