Should I put a Tecumseh hm80 instead of the predator motor

kayde

I wanted too add that it does fit but hangs out a bit far for a little bike.

If you had the taper turned down at least it would be a 3/4 shaft instead of 1"

I hear complaints about falling rearward off the seat, itc dont happen with a cheap ebay bobber seat and springs.

So until I get enough funds just this is what I'm going to do with it I'm going to all steel look they'll put LED lights with the customary red or any color at the moment I choose lol 16245467359458212658042142571479.jpg

I test fitted a hm80 when I first got my whirlwind just for shats & giggles so it does fit. I ended up with a 3.5 tec in mine...its a great bike.
your gonna hafta rework that taperd crank.
That motor looks so wicked is that the original or or that actually like an hm80

That motor looks so wicked is that the original or or that actually like an hm80
And with the way you have it set up with the crankshaft going to another pulley before it goes to the chain to the wheel is that how you made up for the chained up being a straight shot to the motor because mine is offset

mustangfrank

And with the way you have it set up with the crankshaft going to another pulley before it goes to the chain to the wheel is that how you made up for the chained up being a straight shot to the motor because mine is offset
That's a TAV (torque converter) without the plastic cover installed.

kayde

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/whirlwind-project.171762/#post-1256058

Not much too see but theres my short project thread on the whirlwind.

I think these bikes came with a torque converter (the pulleys) my set up lined up with the sprocket real nice....like it was supposed to be there.

Idk why the hm80 pic is all blurry but that pic is in the link too.

I got lucky with the lil' h35 motor.

I'm diggin the bare steel look but im hopeing you clear coated everything or are you going for that real rusty look.

https://oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/whirlwind-project.171762/#post-1256058

Not much too see but theres my short project thread on the whirlwind.

I think these bikes came with a torque converter (the pulleys) my set up lined up with the sprocket real nice....like it was supposed to be there.

Idk why the hm80 pic is all blurry but that pic is in the link too.

I got lucky with the lil' h35 motor.

I'm diggin the bare steel look but im hopeing you clear coated everything or are you going for that real rusty look.
I clear-coated everything with a lacquer but it's like it has a red Haze to it at first I didn't like it but now I love it because it's kind of has that red that they used to be but it's still steel