Should I Restore This Motor?

Me and my father are restoring a owosso 800 trike, ill put up pics when its done, but so far its coming along. I have the orginal motor for it i just dont know if i should spend the $120 to restore it. My dad bought another 8hp motor for it just to get it going but once its out together were gonna get rid of it. He says we should sell it with the 8hp motor and the orginal one and say if the customer was wants to rebuild it they can, what should i do, restore the motor or not?

its an old H80 Tecumsey motor 8hp, so far ive sandblasted the parts and cleaned up the gastank, did that in my auto class but you think we should do what he sudgest?

Yes ; Rebuilding an engine is knowing what parts are still serviceable and what parts need to be replaced. You have done some things like the cleanup of the tank and from there I think it best left up to the buyer. Just be truthful in your description of the motor as you know it.
Steve :scooter:

I know what parts are need and what needs to be done but ill inform the buyer of everything they need to know. Like my dad said if they want the motor to be restored they can give us the money to do it and it shall be done haha.