Shoulder Bolt Help

I'm in need of some shoulder bolts (also called a stripper bolt) for the lift carriage on my tractor. It's an older model that's no longer in business, so of course I can't go down to my local dealer and just pick some up. I tried looking through McMaster Carr and couldn't find my exact size, so I'm hoping someone here can help. If not point me in the right direction, maybe someone with a lathe can spin up a few for me?

The shoulder is 5/8" wide, and 1/2" deep. From there the threaded part is 3/8" NC by 7/8" long for an overall length of 1 3/8".

I need 16 of these:surrender:

That is a very unique fastener...specialty item made specifically for that application I would say. I doubt very much you will find them.

Your best bet might be to create your own by using a standard 3/8-16 x cap screw or flange screw with a sleeve slid over it to mimic the shoulder...

Something like this

+

The bushings can be made from (5/8" x .120 wall) mild steel tubing. You can part them off 1/2" long in a lathe or with a good tubing cutter.

That is a very unique fastener...specialty item made specifically for that application I would say. I doubt very much you will find them.

Your best bet might be to create your own by using a standard 3/8-16 x cap screw or flange screw with a sleeve slid over it to mimic the shoulder...
That's what I figured.

I've got no problem doing that, but I need to find a 3/8" cap screw with at least a 3/4" hex head. The opening on the carriage is that big and the head/flange holds it in place.

I bought a simplicity/briggs dealer years ago. Prolly no score on the bolt. but I have a ton of nice spacers. Ill look after work tomorrow. Maybe some Hauler finds? Been a while since I went bin searchin,lol

Off the subject, I went to a 2nd hand junk store. Scored a brand new Comet differential. still had the plastic plugs,sprocket etc. $29.98 lol Powertech getting me some axles! I don't get to brag often, so that was it

Hey Mark, I seem to recall this type of bolt being used to hold the wheels on some of the push type lawn mowers with the 3hp motors. Not sure of the dimensions but may be a place to look. Ogy