shouldn't do it! 70's Manco Chopper

I'm back from from a long lay off from mini bikes, looking to start this project up in the next week with my teenage son. still going to try to make the rims work. what repop decals/hadware/seat-covers, etc ... is available for these manco stars and stripes choppers ??? thanks for your patience!!

mustangfrank

I'm back from from a long lay off from mini bikes, looking to start this project up in the next week with my teenage son. still going to try to make the rims work. what repop decals/hadware/seat-covers, etc ... is available for these manco stars and stripes choppers ??? thanks for your patience!!
Your son is old enough for the top-speed gearing after waiting seven years for his minibike.

Those are pretty good welds from that 'premium' HF welder. Is there a way to mitigate that splatter though?
I like the welder, i pre heated to be honest with a propane torch and got very good penitration, much better than the way it was welded back from manco new! i had anti splatter spray but decided not to use it, most of that will knock off

Doc1976

What brand wire are you using? A good quality wire may help with spatter, along with proper machine settings.. Although with Flux core you will have spatter. If that machine can be upgraded to gas, I would highly recommend it. Much cleaner welds.

What brand wire are you using? A good quality wire may help with spatter, along with proper machine settings.. Although with Flux core you will have spatter. If that machine can be upgraded to gas, I would highly recommend it. Much cleaner welds.
Whatever came with the HF titanium welder, I have some Lincoln I think when that runs out. I like this little HF $140 welder better than the little Lincoln $450 one I have at work!