shouldn't do it! 70's Manco Chopper

I have one that I am currently rebuilding my self right now mine I believe is all original accept the rear wheel wich I am trying to find right now just curious what are you doing about the seat mine is missing also

Keep up the great work
Will probably just make a pan out of wood and cover it myself something more custom looking.

Well got a little farther, spaced the front wheel correctly and came up with a way to lock the front drum into place. The weld isn't the prettiest but i know its strong! For the back rim i moved it back about a 1/4" and made some brackets, the brackets are just tacked in for now i still have to center the wheel, the sprocket hits the bracket so i will have to figure out what to do there and also lock the drum in. I stuck the motor in that i think I'm going to use, may have to use a 1/2 gal tank this gal one touches the frame and i want more room to adjust the motor. Well enough rambling for now :hammer:

I see nothing wrong with the bracket or welds you did to the front. In fact, I think it's cool when you leave traces of custom work behind.. "the signature". I like this bike so much that, if I can redirect some build funds, I may re-create one myself for the next years build-off (but with a few tweaks to the design). Really cool bike and nice job bringing 'er back to life. :thumbsup:

The techumseh looks good in there.

Thanks Fire! I'm thinking this mini is going to take off slow with the small rear sprocket???? This bike will be for my kid in a couple years so not to worried I guess, your thoughts on how it will work:confused:

Thanks Fire! I'm thinking this mini is going to take off slow with the small rear sprocket???? This bike will be for my kid in a couple years so not to worried I guess, your thoughts on how it will work:confused:
If I counted right, looks like a 40 tooth rear so without a jackshaft that is a tall gear like 4:1 to 3.5:1 depending on your clutch teeth 10/12. If those tires are as tall as they look, that will also affect the gearing. My thoughts, it will take off slow due to the sluggishness of having a tall gear but have a better top end but that depends on engine size too. You can find gear calculators somewhere in this forum. I think an old Rupp I bought a short while ago came with a 40 tooth sprocket and I changed it to a 60 which gave me a better lower end response while losing some top end. What do you want it to do?

If I counted right, looks like a 40 tooth rear so without a jackshaft that is a tall gear like 4:1 to 3.5:1 depending on your clutch teeth 10/12. If those tires are as tall as they look, that will also affect the gearing. My thoughts, it will take off slow due to the sluggishness of having a tall gear but have a better top end but that depends on engine size too. You can find gear calculators somewhere in this forum. I think an old Rupp I bought a short while ago came with a 40 tooth sprocket and I changed it to a 60 which gave me a better lower end response while losing some top end. What do you want it to do?
Well it will be for my son who will be around 9 or 10 when he rides it so i guess slow is good.

That's coming along nicely , just curious the two bits of round bar welded under the engine plate, do you think that was standard issue or put on afterwards?

Love the choppers

When I put the Honda wheels on this one the rear sprocket was small too so I bought a 64 tooth sprocket and welded it to the rim.Along with the torque converter the gear is real nice.I like the look of this build your doing,and I agree with Fire the Tecumseh looks real good in there.:thumbsup:

That's coming along nicely , just curious the two bits of round bar welded under the engine plate, do you think that was standard issue or put on afterwards?

Love the choppers
ya i see what your talking about, to me it looks original but who knows for sure with this one. Also mine and the original one pictured have a full length foot peg bar, but Markus just has the short pegs

I have a baja worrior geared up like that very slow take of with my 188 pounds of self on it but when it gets up to speed does like 50 have a 6.5 clone from HF and no t/converter with a small kid on it be careful

When I put the Honda wheels on this one the rear sprocket was small too so I bought a 64 tooth sprocket and welded it to the rim.Along with the torque converter the gear is real nice.I like the look of this build your doing,and I agree with Fire the Tecumseh looks real good in there.:thumbsup:
Thanks, i was thinking of buying a sprocket and making it work like on your Chopper.

No new work yet, I'm restoring a yamaha moto bike of all things. Also going to install a 6- pack intake on my 340 demon soon. May start up in a few weeks I know the direction I want to go with this chopper at least.

markus

you guys need to get going on these, it sounds like the one I had is maybe coming back into my possession. My buddy that bought it from me wants me to do some paint/build work on a Bonanza for him with the Delta 1 being a forum of payment.

So get building and give me some inspiration!!!!

other than finding a period correct original white paint HS40 with metal tank he has not touched it and it still looks like this: