Show off your advertizing pieces...

I got some old orange and blue Briggs parts boxes, as well as a original replacement Briggs recoil new in box. I will have to snap some pics.

As for the '70's vans, my uncle had one with a cool metal flake scallop paint job, and it had "Stabbin' Cabin" painted on the side under the little circle window. :thumbsup: The interior had yellow shag rug on the floor and walls, and a mirror on the roof. :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

Today I scored some Caper Cycle stuff. A couple of dozen each of the Ben Hunt stickers [he made pick-up bumpers and ag equipment besides the Caper Cycle]. I don't know what he used the Ben Hunt Bumpers stickers for, however, the smaller white ones were used on various pieces of ag equipment. Also a 'Dealer' poster. It is 18 inches by 50 inches and in perfect condition. This is the second one that I have found. Got this stuff from a nephew of Ben's that lives here in Walla Walla.

I will give away a few of the Ben Hunt stickers if anyone is interested. Let me know guys.

Last edited:

markus

Oldsalt If you ever make reprints of that banner I'd be in line for one, way cool:thumbsup:

I got two of the banners and really nice condition door mat on the way from an ebay buy:thumbsup:

you guys want to talk about vans, I drove this for three years:

it was shagged out inside

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Oldsalt If you ever make reprints of that banner I'd be in line for one, way cool:thumbsup:
That is the second banner that I've acquired. A couple of years ago I looked into reproducing them. Not to make money but to make them available to interested people. But, at that time, the answers I got were "so much a square foot" or we can't do that....in any event all answers came out to 60+ bucks each or "NO We Can't". I should try again..technology marches on and someone might now have a machine that will do color copies for a few bucks each. I'll check.

By the way, both of the originals were done using the "silk screen" process. As putting down several colors was necessary they would have been expensive even back in the 60s and 70s.

If you want a couple of the stickers [two sizes] send me a PM with your mailing address.

oldsalt check out walmart.com/photo they can make all kinds of posters and banners and stuff for cheap. even if you had to scrunch it down and make it a poster size im sure youd have no problem getting rid of them :thumbsup:

Oldsalt

oldsalt check out walmart.com/photo they can make all kinds of posters and banners and stuff for cheap. even if you had to scrunch it down and make it a poster size im sure youd have no problem getting rid of them :thumbsup:
Mmmmmm. Never thought about having them made at a reduced size. I'll do some checking around.

This thing is pretty cool, it's a double sided rotating display rack. Brand new in the factory box, assembled it stands five and a half feet tall:blink:. My wife walked in and said, "where are you going to put that thing?" to which I replied, "back in the box":laugh:

Big 3 ft light up sign I just bought....didn't need it...but bought it anyway...:doah:

I liked the Lauson Power Products aspect of it...I figure that probably dates it back to the 60's...all sheetmetal light box with pleated chrome end caps..