Show off your advertizing pieces...

Thanks for making me crazy Markus. I just dug in places I haven't been since I moved here in 1995. One box I opened had a old mouse nest out in the garage:laugh: Thought maybe it was with the boxes of trophys I have. Nope. Need to get rid of that crap:laugh: I did find my match box cars with boxes,:thumbsup: I thought somebody had stolen those. Maybe I threw it out:shrug: When I moved in 1995 I had so much crap. That is when all the mini bike stuff from the 70's got trashed:crying: I will look on Sunday. I do remember my Aunt Doris was taking a ceramic class and that is when she made it for me.

markus

Heres the latest addition to the collection, a Tecumseh chalkboard:

I pulled this out today and decided to revamp it. I cleaned and buffed it out and then taped off the chalkboard and prepped and repainted it with chalkboard paint. Came out looking pretty good, I just need to figure out where to hang it up at.....and I need to get some chalk :thumbsup:

I love how its embossed :thumbsup:

I also cleaned a sign I have had hung on the wall for a while now, I took it easy with the rubbing compound as I didn't want to loose any of the graphics, it looks a little better anyway. I think it was actually an insert for an engine rack/ display stand

markus

I actually only had these neat items briefly, another member saw me trying to hawk them by the piece on ebay out of the box and just bought the whole thing :thumbsup: super cool box and WAY cool oil minders with the old style B&S stamped in :thumbsup:

thats OK I have a cool tecumseh "point of sale" counter top display of other cool do-dads to take it place on the shelf on its way...pics soon :thumbsup:

markus

thats OK I have a cool tecumseh "point of sale" counter top display of other cool do-dads to take it place on the shelf on its way...pics soon :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:

here's what I got today, For when you forget to install a killswitch and the metal ground tab is missing, heres one they made that slips on the plug :thumbsup: nice little fold together coutertop display rack to boot!

That's really cool Markus, I've been out-bid on one of those a few times... now I know by who:laugh:

Check out this Comet dealer clock I picked up recently, it keeps perfect time and is in great shape, I just need to clean up the aluminum frame:thumbsup:

markus

That's really cool Markus, I've been out-bid on one of those a few times... now I know by who:laugh:

Check out this Comet dealer clock I picked up recently, it keeps perfect time and is in great shape, I just need to clean up the aluminum frame:thumbsup:

I was outbid on one of THOSE comet clocks recently :laugh: Maybe we should colaborate a little on this stuff :laugh: Thats a cool piece :thumbsup:

markus

This just arrived today and it cleaned up real nice!!!! I saw this tecumseh/power products sign pop up on ebay with a buy it now option and jumped, it was a great price even though it is covered in paint and roofing tar. I figured its probably just going to be hung flat on the wall in my small space so I can live with a trashed side.

Heres from the ebay listing:

Right out of the box I started working on the bad side, thankfully there is a clearcoat over the original script and it it held up to some pretty good abuse of goo gone for the tar, lacquer thinner on the over spray super clean and a 0000 steel wool pad, buffer, and finally some wax :doah:

not perfect but not bad for a sign from the early 60's era that had that much crap on it I would say :thumbsup: now to find a spot for it in the wall!!!!

after shots:

Nice Marcus:thumbsup:

Check out this desk lamp, the guy I got it from said his uncle worked at Briggs and it was a retirement gift. The inside is gutted, there is a micro switch on the crank and you pull the cord to turn it on or off:thumbsup:

There was a member on here who got his hands on the "One Millionth" Tecumseh engine built or something like that...it was a complete engine all chromed out with an engraved plaque on it and all. He took it off the fancy wooden base and bolted it into a mini bike hahaha.

It was in the old photo archives, not sure I could find it again.

Last edited:

markus

this was stuff I recently sold off but figured I post them before I deleted the pics off my computer.

This was an NOS tecumseh floor mat still in the box. I never had the heart to take it out of the box except for special occasions because I didn't want to get it dirty, so it was kinda a waste for me to have. (I have a beat up one thats on the floor already)

I think I may have shown this before but I had changed the lettering around to make it more like a mini bike shop would have had. Another cool item but I have mainly tecumseh/power products signs and nowhere to put all them so it was time to thin them out.

I had limited letters to work with best I could come up with :)

Last edited: