Simko Power Ice Sled

oldsledz

Here is a link to some pics of something I picked up over the summer. Simko Power Ice Sled made in Allen Park Michigan in the 1960s. Over the weekend I got every thing working freely and put a 3HP Clinton engine on it. I have a back yard pond so I took it out for a test drive this morning. I had to push off with my foot to get it going but after that it carried my 235 pounds ok I have a 5 HP Briggs that I will put on next. http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x11/oldsledz/Simko Power Sled/

Last edited:

oldsledz

Ya it has a drive wheel with spikes made of angle iron. The drive wheel is on a swing arm so it can move up and down when needed and has a spring to hold the wheel down so that it doesn't just spin So with the swing arm and spring it moves pretty smooth. I will get a pic of the drive wheel from the side. I got my daughter on it when she got home from school. She loves it scoots right along with her driving it. I am going to make a movie of her on it and see if I can figure out Utube. At least 2 other companies made similar things David Bradley (Sears) and Fox Corp. the same one that made the Mini Bikes.

richs

i really like the unique stuff i have a little skipper snow mobile and all it has is a 5 brigs and a torq a verter and it goes pretty good only thing is its so small i have to ride it on my knees and hold my feet up talk about cramping up.I had it at windber this year:drinkup:
we should start a odities thread stuff like this and that 6 weeler that was up for sale

gmush

Let me know if you want to sell her. I have one growing up in St Clair Shores Michigan in the 60's would sure like to treat my grand kids to one. Thanks, Greg 3134143540